0 offset on an NC?

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
NCGTMX5

0 offset on an NC?

Post by NCGTMX5 »

i want to get some sportmax 002 on my car and of course they are 0 offset. i think it can fit in the back for sure but will i have a trouble in the front? what would i have to do to get it to fit.
_steve
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You didn't mention width which makes your question about offset impossible to answer but assuming you mean at least 8 inch width you have ZERO chance of fitting that wheel without cutting your fenders out and replacing them with seriously wide fender flares.

Read the other threads here on NC offset and wheel choice. See the RP-F1 thread in particular...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NCGTMX5

Post by NCGTMX5 »

like a 16x7 or 8 with the smallest offset possible. how come i cant get a 16x8 0 offset in the back? if it dosent turn and dosent hit the fender what is the problem? i was thinking of getting 16x8 crazy offset in the rear and a 16x7 or 8 in the rear. i then would run a 205 in the front and a 215 in the rear.

the eibach springs only lower the car an 1" which the gap already is almost 3" right? what issue am i going to run in with the back? the front would maintain a normal offset for turning and such. and what if i use eibachs in the front 1" and RB in the rear .5" so i dont run into problems.

_steve
_steve
NCGTMX5

Post by NCGTMX5 »

what about a 17x8 with a 45 offset on a 205/45/17? can i drop it with the eibachs and be without rolling?

the main look i want is a polished lip and curved in tires like a drift car has i dont even know if the rpf1 have a polished lip no one can take a good shot.

_steve
_steve
Brian
Site Admin

!

Post by Brian »

I ran 16x8 with 50mm offset and rubbed stock fenders. That was with 245mm race tires and we learned that with a 48mm offset we had a max fitment of 235mm in street tires before hitting the fender lips. This is covered over and over in the threads here and from them the math is pretty simple to figure that your 0 offset 215mm plan won't work....

Imagine that from that max fitment point we went down 20mm in tire width to a 215mm tire (which means at 48mm offset we would have 10mm more clearance to the outside and 10mm more to the inside...since half that 20mm of width savings is inside and half is outside). That would mean we can move a 215 out to about a 38/40mm before we hit the same issue that a 235mm does at 48mm...(depending on camber, height, tire brand and model, etc.). You are proposing to go another 40mm beyond the contact point we have already discovered....which is over an inch and half of clearance we know you don't have based on our prior fitments. Sorry, if you want to cut metal you can do the 0 offset 16x8 with 215...but otherwise it won't fit.

And from this same material above we know your second idea of 205 at 45mm will fit fine.

The optional SBC finish has a polished look (Super Black Chrome is what the letters stand for and it starts with a polishing of the wheel).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NCGTMX5

Post by NCGTMX5 »

what about these? can i run this with a 215 and get clearance? these come in SBC

17x8.5 30offest 5 x 114.3 73dia 16.0 lbs
_steve
NCGTMX5

Post by NCGTMX5 »

how bout a 16x7 5x4.5 38offset
_steve
ZIPNBYE

Post by ZIPNBYE »

Per Brian's posting of what will fit and what won't, compare a "will fit" wheel / tire combo against those of your choice to read the comparison fitment results.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
Richard
2007 MX-5 GT/PP/PRHT | Stormy Blue Mica / saddle brown | #1 of 16 special order cars | Signed by Takao Kijima & Tom Matano
NCGTMX5

Post by NCGTMX5 »

you say you can go to a 43mm offset with stock wheels size. but what a bout a 17x7 5x4.5 40offset. its only a 3mm difference. the sport max 002 comes in that size and would look cool on an NC IMO

_steve
_steve