Konig Runaway

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
MX-54LIFE

konig runaway

Post by MX-54LIFE »

nice ride dude!

what kind of suspension set do you have and how low is the car sitting?
Going topless in public is never indecent, it's life on a roadster even if you're barely street legal.
EnzNow

Post by EnzNow »

Thanks, that is the stock suspension package shocks, Eibach pro-kit, & Hotchkis sways. I think the pro-kit lowers about 1" -1 1/2" & I rolled the fenders to get those wheels on. There is more info about what I've done on cardomain... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2682173

-EnzNow
MX-5 Cup

Post by MX-5 Cup »

EnzNow wrote:Thanks, that is the stock suspension package shocks, Eibach pro-kit, & Hotchkis sways. I think the pro-kit lowers about 1" -1 1/2" & I rolled the fenders to get those wheels on. There is more info about what I've done on cardomain... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2682173

-EnzNow
How do you like your Hotchkis sways bro...? :?:
I LOVE MY MX-5 :)
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

Yes, how do you like the sways and how much did you need to roll the fenders to get the wheels and tires to fit? Was it a light roll or are the fenders slightly moved out?
EnzNow

Post by EnzNow »

I like the sways...Honestly you probably couldn't tell the difference between any of the aftermaket bars. I like them so much I've never even adjusted them.

The fender lip roll was pretty minor, They look stock from all outward appearances. You have to get down and feel it to know that anything is different. It took me about 5 hrs to get them all the way I liked and no problems with paint cracks.
MX-5 Cup

Post by MX-5 Cup »

EnzNow wrote:I like the sways...Honestly you probably couldn't tell the difference between any of the aftermaket bars. I like them so much I've never even adjusted them.

The fender lip roll was pretty minor, They look stock from all outward appearances. You have to get down and feel it to know that anything is different. It took me about 5 hrs to get them all the way I liked and no problems with paint cracks.

Did you take a heat gun or not...? :?
I LOVE MY MX-5 :)
EnzNow

Post by EnzNow »

Yeah, picked up a cheap one at ace hardware for like $20. I kept the whole arch hot to the touch during the roll of each fender. I don't have any pics, but I can take some.
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

Brian,

will the konig runaways be usable on track days? I am worried they may not be able to handle the stress
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

grey_NC wrote:Brian,

will the konig runaways be usable on track days? I am worried they may not be able to handle the stress
Should be fine unless you plan to really hit the curbs.....if you like to run over the curbs then step up to one of the Enkei choices.
Last edited by Brian on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skirmish41

Center cap

Post by skirmish41 »

Can the Runaway be installed WITHOUT the center cap? Does anyone know? I think it would look so much better without it.

Also, I thought 235/40/17 would not need a fender roll on the Runaway...can someone clear this up? fyi would the fenders clear them on Ohlin coilovers?