MazdaSpeed 6 performance suspension parts

Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and 6 Parts and Performance from Intakes to Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits... it's all there.
Jazzycat

MazdaSpeed 6 performance suspension parts

Post by Jazzycat »

Are there any performance related suspension parts available for the MazdaSpeed 6 yet?

I would like to drop the car a little, firm up spring rates, increase dampening and put bigger sway bars on the car.
Jazzycat

Post by Jazzycat »

Guess not?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry Jazzycat, nothing specific for the MazdaSpeed packgae yet...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Jazzycat

Post by Jazzycat »

Still nothing? This is getting depressing. The car needs firmer dampers, more swaybar firmer springs.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We can always build you a set of JIC coilovers...and you can pick your spring rates.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Jazzycat

Post by Jazzycat »

Brian wrote:We can always build you a set of JIC coilovers...and you can pick your spring rates.
Wow! I didnt know that was an option! How much would those be approximately?

What spring rates would you reccomend? I will be using the car for AX and an occasional track day and my commute is over the Santa Cruz mountains. I like a firm street car.
rdp32dbar

I want to know more about the JIC custom Coil-overs

Post by rdp32dbar »

I would also like more info. on the JIC custom coil-overs. I take my Speed6 to track days frequently and have been planning on installing an aftermarket suspension set-up for street/track use for a while now.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Well, I talked with my JIC guys about this again and they clarified what they told me before. They had done a few pro race team sets for the MazdaSpeed6 but they are not currently doing these for street users. So, we are back in the hunt for a supplier. Sorry guys,
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rdp32dbar

hmmm......

Post by rdp32dbar »

I know a few japanese companies make coil-overs for the Speed6 but I haven't heard any positive feedback from anyone about them. I know for my driving habits/style I would prefer both the front and rear springs to be stiffened somewhere between 40%-50% more with external reservoirs to keep the oil in the dampeners cooler. There have been times when I have been out at MotorSports Ranch later during the track day and thought my shocks were blown because they began to feel "spongy". Personally I really have no preference on the amount of drop the set up has over stock although 1-1.5 inches would be ideal for street driving. If you hear anything please let me know.

thanks
Jazzycat

Post by Jazzycat »

I have heard that H&R now makes a coilover that is spec'd for the Mazdaspeed 6. I also spoke with Tein and they indicate they are working on a coilover application as well. Any other emerging possibities? Seems to me the H&R is more of a street application. I'm looking for very aggressive adjustable coilover that gives me a "so so" street ride, but very good dampening and spring rate for the track.

Given tendency of the MS6 to do signficant nose dive under hard braking I want spring rates and dampers that keep the car a little more level thatn a typical street application.