Cold Air intakes question

Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and 6 Parts and Performance from Intakes to Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits... it's all there.
JSR

Cold Air intakes question

Post by JSR »

First of all I'd like to say I am NOT a mechanic or anything close but I have recently purchased a 2006 MazdaSpeed6 and had asked the dealer to install one of Mazda's own Cold Air Intakes (Part Number: GRMS-8M-H30) so that I could use the larger 360 deg K&N air filters.
After getting them to include this item in the purchase price, the saleman I dealt with called me to say that his Parts guy recommended that I do NOT use this item, saying something about the way it actually works would restrict airflow to the turbo??? Mazda's own accessories site rates this item as GREEN meaning it does not void the warranty and is considered a useful upgrade. What gives here.........???

I lack the knowledge to know the difference.

Thank you
JSR
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sounds like another dealer that simply has not the slightest idea what they are doing... Seriously, there is a reason that mazda dealers rank low in customer ratings. Do your own research on the intakes and go with that. In brief, that same motor is used in several mazdas now and the high flow MazdaSpeed/AEM intakes (made by AEM and sold under both the MazdaSpeed name and AEM) are showing real and useful gains.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JSR

Post by JSR »

Thanks Brian, thats what I was expecting..............heads back to dealership with determined frame of mind. 8)
kerpal

Re: Cold Air intakes question

Post by kerpal »

JSR wrote:First of all I'd like to say I am NOT a mechanic or anything close but I have recently purchased a 2006 MazdaSpeed6 and had asked the dealer to install one of Mazda's own Cold Air Intakes (Part Number: GRMS-8M-H30) so that I could use the larger 360 deg K&N auto body part air filters.
After getting them to include this item in the purchase price, the saleman I dealt with called me to say that his Parts guy recommended that I do NOT use this item, saying something about the way it actually works would restrict airflow to the turbo??? Mazda's own accessories site rates this item as GREEN meaning it does not void the warranty and is considered a useful upgrade. What gives here.........???

I lack the knowledge to know the difference.

Thank you

JSR
What the heck?? Totally not true!!