MS6 Power Steering Improvement?

Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and 6 Parts and Performance from Intakes to Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits... it's all there.
Jazzycat

MS6 Power Steering Improvement?

Post by Jazzycat »

Can anything be done to improve issue of MS6 power steering not keeping up when steering car back and forth rapidly? Loss of power steering is a real problem in AX. I have had issue a couple times in AX where power steering cant keep up. Just wondering if there is a modification that could be made?
RacerRik

Post by RacerRik »

As an autocrosser for 14 years, I can tell you that if you are running out of steering, you need to improve your driving skills. I went through the same thing thinking my power steering was to blame, but then I figured out that driving smooth was the key to good runs.

One suggestion is to let an experienced autoxer drive your car while you ride in the passenger seat. He (or she) can show you what the car is capable of and I doubt they will have any complaints about the steering. I am an autocross coach now, so I do this sort of thing all the time and people are amazed that their cars can perform so well when driven smoothly.