RX8 Beginning the Performance Process

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We sell the Race exhaust to anybody who wants it. There is no CARB requirement or noise rules that prohibit us from selling you that. But it is not just a little louder....it is MUCH louder. I ran their prototype with exit out the back and it was very nice. They changed the final to include dumping under the car and that raised the sound level IN THE CAR massively as the sound waves reflect off the ground under the car and seem to come up all around you. I really liked the prototype Race unit....and didn't like the final at all. It would be relatively easy to have a muffler shop add a tip out the back instead of the dump down on that RACE unit....which would make it quite reasonable again.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tuberotor

exhaust

Post by tuberotor »

Good info, Brian. I guess I dodged a bullet, noise wise. If it was not illegal, etc., however, why do you think they refused to install it even when I said it was what I wanted? Doesn't really matter, just curious.

There will be a Miata in my future. (Is this how we refer to all of them, "Miata," or do folks specify MX-5 for those? I don't know the initials, like "NC"--what those mean.)
04 Titanium RX-8 6-speed
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I can't speak to what decisions they made but we sell it to all who ask.

As for what to call the Miata...that's a funny question. For the first 15 years or so for much of the world it was MX5 yet it was always Miata here in the USA. Mazda made a decision to kill the Miata name and started calling the latest version just "MX5" in the USA. That decision didn't go over well with the faithful and Mazda soon gave up that effort in favor of "MX5 Miata". In the end, there are many who call it an MX5....some who always say the full "MX5 Miata" and many more who call it simply Miata.
Last edited by Brian on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tuberotor

MX-5 Miata

Post by tuberotor »

Thanks, Brian. I have now collected a few sites--Miata.net, Flying Miata, etc. I have learned the letter codes and the different years/series as the car evolved. It's coming.
04 Titanium RX-8 6-speed
mazdaracerchick

Re: RX8 Beginning the Performance Process

Post by mazdaracerchick »

Hi there...I am a new user and wondering how this works.
mazdaracerchick

Re: RX8 Beginning the Performance Process

Post by mazdaracerchick »

Looking forward to talking shop :lol: