Sway bar advice

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
dgeisler

Sway bar advice

Post by dgeisler »

Brian

Can you offer some product advice?

I am doing road course events thus far, and have made a couple of changes to my stock RX8. I am looking at sway bars and adjustable links. You have some choices for bars.

I put in coilovers 450-front and 337-rear sping rates. I also added a rear shock tower bar and some better brake pads. I had the car lowered (about 1 inch in front, and less in the rear) and corner weighted. (Now the stock links are too tall - in the rear especially.)

The car turns in very well now. Corner entry is great. It is very stable through APEXand starts pushing on exit under full acceleration, as the front end unloads.

The car is pretty neutral overall, and I do not want to change this dramatically. My goal is to reduce the body roll while not drastically effecting the understeer/oversteer. (maybe tune out a LIITLE of the understeer, if possible) .

Can you make some sway bar recommendations?

Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We ran the Racing Beat bars on our 04 track toy and those worked out great. We now offer the Hotchkis too. The Hotchkis offers more adjustment, but I found the Racing Beat balance was already very good and we didn't need more. Nonetheless, the Hotchkis choice will give you the most options for getting balance right where you want it.

We have those on the website here:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0469.html
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com