Where can we get 18x8 Wheels?

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
KC

Where can we get 18x8 Wheels?

Post by KC »

Brian,

I know the adage "Good, Light, Cheap - Pick an 2" as it applies to wheels definitely applies to the 8.

Do you know of any other options for lightweight 18 x 8 wheels other than the SSR Comps?

Thanks,
Keith Casey
Brian Goodwin

Light Rx8 wheels

Post by Brian Goodwin »

Yes. I have special ordered some Enkei RPF1 in 18x8 and 45mm offset which is about perfect for the stock class guys given the 1/4 inch rule on offset change. It is a special order so I am not sure how long they will take...can get an update this next week.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com

Post by Guest »

Did you special order sets (or a set) to sell or just for yourself? ;)

Also, any update?

Post by Guest »

I would not bother to put a notice up if just ordering a set for myself. Nope, the intent is to get a pallet of these for the stock class guys, but stuck waiting on Enkei Japan so no idea how long this will take.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SpacerX

Plz Post an Update

Post by SpacerX »

Hey, Bri!
Would like to know if you're still pursuing this special order of lightweight RPF1s in the 18X8" size with 45mm offset.
Thanx!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, no plans for more right now. Demand was just not high enough to justify....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SpacerX

Post by SpacerX »

OK, thanx, Bri
TeamRX8

Post by TeamRX8 »

The demand would be there if the weight was in the right ballpark, no more SSR's in that size and it appears that Tanabe has no plans to offer them
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Some hope remains...in the form of a new option just materialized about a week back that I am still checking into with Enkei. Tell me what you think. Brand new in the Enkei line is the RC-T4 in 45mm offset 18x8 which would be within the 1/4 inch offset change rule and light. However, it will not be cheap...price will be comparable or more than the SSRs. Another problem is that Enkei did the wheel as an exclusive for another company in Japan. I have asked what it would take for permission for a special run for the U.S only (guarantee no return into the Japan market)....and am waiting on that.

Also, do you B stockers in RX8s using stock rims agree that you have 5mm of space between the outside edge of the tire and your fender lips? Or to put it another way, do you 48mm SSR guys agree you have 3 more mm of space to the outside? Given that we have stuffed 275s in a Falken at 45mm on 18x9.5 I have simply assumed the answer would be yes...but I would like to know for sure from those running fat Hoosiers, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TeamRX8

Post by TeamRX8 »

no problem, the 18 x 9.5 Enkei's stick out way more than that and I think even they could handle a 5mm spacer

a few people are running 18 x 10's with 285-30 tires

not to mention I ran 18 x 8 spaced out to 44mm last year
Last edited by TeamRX8 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.