quick coilover question

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
TFal

quick coilover question

Post by TFal »

Do any of the coilover set ups come completley installed already...meaning all I would have to do would be to remove the stock parts and bolt up the coilovers, or do you have to reuse the stock strut mounts meaning you would have to take apart the stock stuff to get them off?

Also I remember reading somethin about preloading lowering springs after you install them...do you have to do this with coilovers and what are they talking about by preloading?

Thanks.
2010 RX-8 Sport
Brian
Site Admin

Re: quick coilover question

Post by Brian »

Most of our choices use the factory rear top hats....but our JIC and Tein MONO FLEX include new rear top hats. But even then, they don't come ready to drop in the car....you still need to assemble and set heights, etc. The factory rear aluminum top hats are pretty good, and light, there is not much reason to avoid them. As for the assembly part, if you don't have an impact wrench to get the stock taken apart you can buy an electric one at Harbor Freight for about $20 that makes real short work of that.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TFal

Re: quick coilover question

Post by TFal »

That's what I figured but just wanted to make sure. I've installed a couple of sets of lowering springs before but never coilovers. Thanks man.
2010 RX-8 Sport