Rx8 series 2 suspension query

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
mazdamikkie

Re: Rx8 series 2 suspension query

Post by mazdamikkie »

Brian wrote:Every shock that fits series 1 RX8....also fits series 2. But, the lengths are slightly different and that means different heights. Thus, you can use the Bilstein in your series 2....but the result would be that the springs don't lower you as much as you expect. A very mild lowering spring such as our Racing Beat springs, intended to lower about half an inch, would not lower a series 2 at all. On the other hand, if you pick a spring that lowers a series 1 by one inch....you would get about half that on the series 2.

If you really want to be in charge of height....then pick a coilover.
Hi Brian,
I have a 09 Rx8 sport. Am I correct to assume that this height difference will only effect R3s or S2s with Bilstein suspensions? Because I want to get springs for my S2, but i dont think my shocks are Bilstein....
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

yes, all the spring makers are telling us the same thing with respect to at least 2009. From Jim Meader at Racing Beat: "the springs for the 2004-08 application are applicable for use on the 2009 model. The same ride height drop applies."
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mazdamikkie

Post by mazdamikkie »

Brian wrote:yes, all the spring makers are telling us the same thing with respect to at least 2009. From Jim Meader at Racing Beat: "the springs for the 2004-08 application are applicable for use on the 2009 model. The same ride height drop applies."

Cool!! Thanks Brian!
I will be buying from springs from you guys soon. :D