2004 RX8 DIFFERENTIAL

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
RXFEVER

2004 RX8 DIFFERENTIAL

Post by RXFEVER »

Hi Brian, the original differential oil seal for my 04 RX8 was replaced recently, about three to four months ago, and after three track events, this past weekend in Streets of Willow, apparently it starts leaking again. Since this is the first time that the car present this problem and because it's been running with the original differential mounting bracket bushings, my diagnosis is that the bushings are weak and/or bad, causing too much moving or flexion during cornering and/or power shifting. What are your thoughts base on your experience?

My first approach will be the replacement of the bracket bushings and searching on your website, I found that you have two versions of the Super-Pro bushing. Which one you recommend I should install, the 70K or the 80 durometer?

A differential support bracket was also my second approach. Beatrush, is the one that you have on sale, but my question is, is really necessary? Once I replace the bracket bushings, the car should be OK, right? And, if I installed a differential bracket, that this will have a negative impact on the transmission? That's my thoughts, since all the other support bushings, motor and transmission, are OEM. 8)

Thanks,
Jose
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 2004 RX8 DIFFERENTIAL

Post by Brian »

Hi Jose

Indeed the bracket is not necessary, upgrade diff and engine bushings always good to do on these cars, the factory mounts go bad and then you have too much twist everywhere and other things will start to break.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RXFEVER

Post by RXFEVER »

Thanks Brian. Which bushing I should install in the differential bracket, the Super-Pro 70k or the 80? 8)

Jose
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

RXFEVER wrote:Thanks Brian. Which bushing I should install in the differential bracket, the Super-Pro 70k or the 80? 8)

Jose
No perfect answer to that, for more track performance the higher rate, for more street comfort/less noise the lower rate is best. So, it depends on your subjective preference....do you put track use first or your daily street use?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RXFEVER

Post by RXFEVER »

Track first, since is no longer a street car. That's mean that the 80k is the one. Thanks. :D