RX-8 'Stock' Wheel/Tire/Shock Improvements & Specs

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
tottoatol

RX-8 'Stock' Wheel/Tire/Shock Improvements & Specs

Post by tottoatol »

Using G-Tech Pro meter for measurement.
Right off the Showroom floor (6-Spd/Sport Suspension Package/225-45 Bridgestones): .93G's (Left or Right)
Added BFG g-Force KDW-2's (225/45): .96G's (but just ate up the right front)
Added Tokico D-Specs (full firm) & SSR COMP-H/Kuhmo MX's: 1.01G's
Added Enkei RPF1 (18x9.5's) & Azeni 615RT's (275/35): 1.1G's
----
I suspect putting 245/40 R-Comp's on the SSR's she could grab 1.25.
Thanks Brian for all the ideas/suggestions.
Aloha,
Tom
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great results there!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
scsi

Post by scsi »

hey tom where did you pull this off?!?
tottoatol

RX-8 numbers

Post by tottoatol »

Stephen, I pulled them off the g-Tech Pro meter I have. If we ran in opposite heats...and not against each other...we could set it up in your car. Maybe I'll start running B-Stock again (get some R compunds) ...it's fun competing, but I just can't quite catch you. :-)
ALoha...
tottoatol

RX8 G Specs

Post by tottoatol »

OK...finally got some R-40's. The new BFG R1's and here are some early numbers (first event, 4 runs):
Mounted the 245-40 R1's on the 18x8.5 SSR Comp H's I got from Brian with some Kuhmo MX's. The Tokico D-Specs were all set on 1/2 turn short of full hard. Other than the new HP Plus pads I got from Brian, everything else is from the showroom. Actually this didn't even sit on the showroom, it was the 3rd RX8 to touch Hawaii soil/lava and picked it up after a dealer prep. But I digress...
The best G on the new tires was 1.2. A full .1 pickup from the 275-35 Azeni's on the same car setup except the tires. The times on a nominal 30 second course were 30.1 with the R1's (not showing any wear) and 31.6 with the Azeni's. I suspect the car will do better than that as the driver learns and the tires break-in some. Tire Rack has an article comparing the R1's to the A6's and the R1's did better on the track and in the wear department.
scsi

Post by scsi »

hey tom, your ssr's are 8.5 wide? if this is true then they actually arent legal in BS, wheels must be of stock dimensions (18x8) and offset must be +/- .25". if not, its okay i wont tell :p

how is your car?
tottoatol

Tires, Shocks, Suspension & G's...oh my

Post by tottoatol »

Stephen,
UH....Typo....I was thinking Enkei's (9.5) & SSR's (8.0) at same time and typed 8.5. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :-)
Brian can confirm that the SSR's are OK for BS. :-)
---
Car's ready for pickup! Gotz to head down there now and pickup.
Mazda North America has not returned my email or calls on whether they'll pickup the tab...being just 6 days out of warranty. Of course, I should have taken the R1's off before they took it in for service. :-)
I'm thinking with a 'new' front end under me....1.25 G's? :-)))
Later....
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Stock class requires stock width...you can change the offset up to 1/4 inch. So, 8 inch SSRs for stock class.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com