YES, you can fit 18x9.5s all four corners with 275s

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nemesis8

Post by nemesis8 »

I forgot to ask about TPMS. Are they compatible with the sensors?

Kevin
'04 FE06 Titanium Gray II Metallic
http://www.nemesis8.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes...
Last edited by Brian on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

With the MS nose.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SoCalMX5

Post by SoCalMX5 »

That last pic looks like unauthorized...

Well I ended up not getting the new MX5 ,... and rather got another Evo.

Getting my Muellerized setup sometime in the next month, I'll probably be running STU this year so I hope my extra power help me out when compared to your years of experience at some of those Qualcomm AutoX days.

If I see you there I'll be sure to say hi.
much more to come
vwnomore

Post by vwnomore »

I need to stay out of this forum. You're going to make me buy a RX-8 if I keep looking at these pictures.
gh0st

Post by gh0st »

are there any drawbacks with increasing contact patch soo much over stock other then price? did it affect steering feel, oversteer, understeer etc?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

yes, with a large amount of additional grip grabing at the pavement irregularities you get some bit of left and right tugs at the wheel over uneven surfaces. Nothing you notice on the highway where you can take overpasses and ramps like never before...but something you notice on bad city streets.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Magic8

Post by Magic8 »

Man that is so so tempting.
spin

Post by spin »

I've mounted my wheels up finally w/275/35/18s RT-615s, and no problems on the street. But with a stock suspension, not after market like you have, are you confident there will not be rubbing interference on the fender under track cornering conditions?

I'm a bit worried for my 1st event next week as they sure look close to, or even slightly beyond the front fender edge :shock: !!

Also what tire pressure do you recommend on track with these? With 235s RT-615s on stock wheels I was running 38 cold, but am thinking less for these?? Not really sure.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It is easier to see on a lowered car that these tuck under the lips just fine. I did do a slight rear fender roll but it may have been unnecessary. We also have a good amount of negative camber which tips the top of the tire in as well so consider that variable.

I don't like as much pressure as some do in these Falkens. I usually start between 28 and 32 psi cold and tune for the conditions.
Last edited by Brian on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com