YES, you can fit 18x9.5s all four corners with 275s

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

rx8duder55 wrote:Brian, I love the look of those RPF1's. I was also looking at those Toyo Proxes T1R's and they look like a good tire for the street. I am not intending to do any type of track driving. So for pure street use, do you know what kind of tread life these tires have? I picked up my 04 RX8 (now has 28000 miles) used about a year ago, and the stock tires are shot already. I've barely driven it hard at all because they've been worrying me so much.

I don't have the money to buy tires that will only last me 25 k miles or so before I have to drive like a grandma. Are the Toyos a good choice? I would be happy to give you my business if you feel they are a reliable, longer lasting tire compared to stock.

P.S. Eventually when I get the money I would like to lower my car similar to what you've done with yours. Could you explain to me about camber and what that does to the car? And also, what do you mean when you say you performed a rear fender roll? Thanks!
That T1R is a street tire but indeed it is only going to last about 25k miles. Most ultra high performance tires are about the same.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
loki1202

Post by loki1202 »

Hi Brian,
I want to ask about what kinda of camber/toe you run in order to prevent rubbing? Also what offset are those rpf1s?
I have a set of 19/9.5 + 25, with stock suspension it rubs the rear fender when I go over bumps. The front is fine becourse I have a 10mm wider fender.
I am debating if I need to order wider fenders or just roll the fenders, although I have seen people fitting this size with neither but camber/toe.
Please enlight me, and thanks in advance!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We run 45mm offset 18x9.5 with 275s all around (285s for track). That big difference in offset is the difference in fitment between your setup and ours.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com