High HP

Mazda RX7 and RX8 Suspension, Intakes, Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Sp33d Demon

High HP

Post by Sp33d Demon »

I'm a complete speed demon and I've recently purchased a 2004 6 speed manual RX-8 (Renesis I believe). I was interested in knowing what the maximum amount of horsepower and torque I could get out of it was. And in asking this I do mean including any aftermarket items that could be purchased. Money is no option so all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Glenn Musshorn

My stock renesis auto tran, in manual mode.

Post by Glenn Musshorn »

I took delivery on My 05-RX8, 3 weeks ago. Only tonight after work did I get a glimpse of what the stock 5spd manual could have done, had I gone with it. With it's what, 15 or so more horse power? Mines rated at 197. Which suits me fine for now. Seeing as I've driven My trusty/rusty 4 bangin 86 Nissan hard body for the last ten years. But don't get me wrong! I am curious as to how I will approach upgrading when stock just isn't good enough for Me any more. I am in need of some clear boundaries regarding my first 1000 mile break in. I don,t want My impatience to effect future performance.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Going to have to go turbo to get serious numbers. The problem is that there are no good turbo kits yet. The most developed is the Greddy and yet the numbers are not very impressive so far with gains in 0-60 at only about half a second. My supercharged Miata eats the turbo RX8s for lunch with 0-60 times at about 5 second flat. But it is just a matter of time and development will continue and perhaps in a year or two we will see 5 second Rx8s.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com