2013 Club Miata Sway Bar change

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.

2013 Club Miata Sway Bar change

Postby PapaJohn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:11 pm

In a couple of months I want to install the Progress Tech front and rear sway bars on my newly purchased 2013 Club Miata. The rear bar looks easy but not sure of the front bar. I have a friend with a car lift but we won't know what's required to change the bar(the tricks). Any info or You Tube on this or should I find someone in the San Diego area who has done it before. I'm in Menifee, Ca. thanks, John
PapaJohn

Re: 2013 Club Miata Sway Bar change

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Several folks at Miata.net forum have posted pics, check threads there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby DanielS172 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:19 pm

It's a tricky install. Unbolt the endlinks and the brackets (which is the easy part), then try to spin the sway bar so that the ends are on the other side of the tie rods. You'll be able to do this with someone in the car and turning the steering wheel from left to right as needed, which will allow the bar to clear the tie rods. Once that's done, you'll just need to wiggle it out from one side. Install is the reverse of the removal, although getting the new bar in can be difficult since it's thicker than the stock one. Hope this helps.
2006 MX-5, marble white with black OEM hardtop: Flyin' Miata Stage 2 suspension, Flyin' Miata exhaust, GWR Helmholtz mid-pipe, Hard Dog M3 roll bar, Hawk HP+ pads, stainless steel lines, GWR/Moroso aluminum coolant overflow tank, Voodoo shift knob.
DanielS172

Postby PapaJohn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Just had Rocky do the Progressive sway bars install for me. Great guy, sure knows hi stuff. Bars made a very noticeable difference. Will do the Koni shocks in a few months. Thanks to Goodwin Racing and Rocky. John
PapaJohn

Return to Installation Instructions