2013 Club Miata Sway Bar change

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
PapaJohn

2013 Club Miata Sway Bar change

Post by PapaJohn »

In a couple of months I want to install the Progress Tech front and rear sway bars on my newly purchased 2013 Club Miata. The rear bar looks easy but not sure of the front bar. I have a friend with a car lift but we won't know what's required to change the bar(the tricks). Any info or You Tube on this or should I find someone in the San Diego area who has done it before. I'm in Menifee, Ca. thanks, John
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Club Miata Sway Bar change

Post by Brian »

Several folks at Miata.net forum have posted pics, check threads there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

It's a tricky install. Unbolt the endlinks and the brackets (which is the easy part), then try to spin the sway bar so that the ends are on the other side of the tie rods. You'll be able to do this with someone in the car and turning the steering wheel from left to right as needed, which will allow the bar to clear the tie rods. Once that's done, you'll just need to wiggle it out from one side. Install is the reverse of the removal, although getting the new bar in can be difficult since it's thicker than the stock one. Hope this helps.
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
PapaJohn

Post by PapaJohn »

Just had Rocky do the Progressive sway bars install for me. Great guy, sure knows hi stuff. Bars made a very noticeable difference. Will do the Koni shocks in a few months. Thanks to Goodwin Racing and Rocky. John
MitchC635

Post by MitchC635 »

Just installed RB sways on my new to me 2013 PRHT GT. Highly recommend using a lift for the front bar and an assistant with some patience to help with sliding the old bar out and sliding the new bar in - it is a challenge. The RB installation instructions were very helpful for the bars themselves, but didn't include much help for all the plastic shields and liners that need to be removed for the access needed (at least in the GT version). The shielding was pretty simple with just 6 bolt and a bunch of screws and plastic reusable rivets that have to be removed and replaced. Helpful hint is that the plastic mounts for the antilock wires to the front plastic fender liners do pop out and back in without damaging the mounts - had never seen those type of wire mounts before, so it was a little worrying to put the pressure reqd for removal on the first one without knowing what was behind it.

Total smiles with the greatly increased roll resistance and cornering capability, while taking an almost unnoticeable increase in feeling bumps that are only on one side of the car.