MX-5 NC and Eibach pro-kit install

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
teacherman

MX-5 NC and Eibach pro-kit install

Post by teacherman »

I just ordered Eibach pro- kit springs. Does anyone know which ones go on the front? One pair is marked with part number 211667. (I can't read the other pair). HELP! and THX
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If you can't read it...you can still see the difference in wire thickness between front and rear. The front spring rate is much higher than the rear....which means the front wire is much heavier/thicker.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
teacherman

THANKS

Post by teacherman »

Thanks Brian. That's what I ended up doing last night. I was unsure because the front Eibach was so much shorter than front stock and the rear Eibach spring was also shorter than stock. The much shorter (and thicker diameter) spring was marked 211667, and is the front spring in case anyone ever wonders about this again. Also, I followed the directions you posted for installing coilovers and everything went well (although the rears were a bit more difficult than the front to get out and in). The drop looks GREAT and the handling feels amazing.[/img]
pink_cooler

Post by pink_cooler »

i follow the same procedure as you do to install my springs, however, the out come is rear height is lower than the front! with the shorter springs, which is parts number start at 2, i put it in the front, and the springs start at 1 put in rear, then i compare the stock one....the answer is stock rear springs is shorter than the front tho, brian, is that true.....? please help.......
teacherman

Eibach springs

Post by teacherman »

As Brian states, The thicker (and shortest) springs are for the front. I too got confused when I compared the Eibachs to the stock springs. You can't go by appearences. Also, the springs will settle once you do a test drive and level out the car.

pink_cooler wrote:i follow the same procedure as you do to install my springs, however, the out come is rear height is lower than the front! with the shorter springs, which is parts number start at 2, i put it in the front, and the springs start at 1 put in rear, then i compare the stock one....the answer is stock rear springs is shorter than the front tho, brian, is that true.....? please help.......
07 - True Red - Just sold it.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

FRONT: Thicker coil is higher spring rate front and usually marked part 5536.001 and/or 211667.

REAR: Thinner wire (lower rate) and usually marked 5536.002 and/or 186765
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pink_cooler

Post by pink_cooler »

but how come is still the rear lower than the front?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Assuming you have the front springs in the front, and the rear in the rear....then the next potential cause would be the order in which the bolts were torqued. Perhaps you did the rear first? And the fronts were torqued in the air while the front end was jacked up (putting most weight on the rear). We see this post about once a week around here...here is one prior thread:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... ght=eibach
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com