What happened to the Coswrth SC install post??

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
sloopercat

What happened to the Coswrth SC install post??

Post by sloopercat »

I do not see that post anymore. Am i just not looking in the right place. I am still on the fence on this upgrade.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Still in the Cosworth thread along with our install pics:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... c&start=90

But a good idea to link the Cosworth PDF here to make that easier to find:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... 7SEP08.pdf
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TarkMalbot

Post by TarkMalbot »

I have read over the instruction manual a few times and I do not understand why they supply hoses and then ask you to cut them down. Why didn't they just supply the hoses the correct length in the first place? Does this become clear when your installing everything?

I am a little worried as the RHD layout is different than the LHD and although there is a new hose kit designed for the RHD car there are no instructions! I am not sure how different they are but it is obvious that the Reservoir Tank is going to have to go on the other side. I don't know what else is different when it comes to removing cooling hoses etc etc.

Also I have the Nautilus horn in place of my original. Will this get in the way of the intercooler fixing points?

I do not have the time to fit the kit myself so am going to have to trust a local engine conversion/tune shop to carry out the work for me. I just hope they can work out the differences between the LHD and RHD and where the new RHD hoses go. They are going to charge me just under $49 per hour for fitting.

To be honest I am a little dissapointed that the UK developers for Cosworth haven't made RHD instructions rather than expecting everyone to pay them $96 per hour for 16 hours labour! Does $1537 seem a little much for the install cost?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We charge 12 hours now...but took 14+ hours the first time. Given that the RHD has some different or extra bits I am not shocked at 16 hours.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TarkMalbot

Post by TarkMalbot »

Possibly more than 16 hours if you had to work it out for yourself? :roll:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

TarkMalbot wrote:Possibly more than 16 hours if you had to work it out for yourself? :roll:
Yes, I think a mechanic working on these every day will take 12 to 14 hours.....but average decent "shade-tree" mechanic can easily be 20+ hours. Nothing is particularly tough, the directions are the best we have ever seen for forced induction kits and the fit and finish of the kits is FAR AHEAD of any kit we have ever sold. There is just a lot of steps and it takes time.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

You need to post the "B" version. The A version has way too many errors.