transmission and LSD torques

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
velocity red 06

transmission and LSD torques

Post by velocity red 06 »

Brian: Are there any torque requirements on the fill and drain bolts on my 06 MX-5, 6 speed manual transmission or on the LSD? Or should they just be tight? Also, what gear oil/specs do you recommend. Thanks, Richard
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Plug for transmission draining is 29-43 lb/ft. The plug to fill trans is 18-28 lb/ft. For the diff I show both drain and fill at 29-39 lb/ft

Frankly, I stick to factory spec for fluid in the diff and trans. Played for years with choices such as Redline synthetic with very mixed results before returning to the factory fill or equal dino fluids for trans and diff. I do use synthetic oil in the motor.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
velocity red 06

transmission/LSD plug torques

Post by velocity red 06 »

Brian, Thank you again, you are always a great source of information and advice on our Miatas. Richard
2fast4u

Re:

Post by 2fast4u »

Brian wrote:Plug for transmission draining is 29-43 lb/ft. The plug to fill trans is 18-28 lb/ft. For the diff I show both drain and fill at 29-39 lb/ft

Frankly, I stick to factory spec for fluid in the diff and trans. Played for years with choices such as Redline synthetic with very mixed results before returning to the factory fill or equal dino fluids for trans and diff. I do use synthetic oil in the motor.

Just wondering after all this time have you changed your mind on aftermarket fluids for the 06 6mt and diff? going to change mine this weekend and thought I'd get your "expert" ;-) opinion. oh and the AEM, short shifter and Roadster exaust are doing great..Thanks Brian.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: transmission and LSD torques

Post by Brian »

Sorry I didn't see this before but our habits have not changed. Seems every week a customer comes to have us REMOVE the Redline that he installed over the weekend in his transmission... because now he can't change gears smoothly.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com