AEM Installation Instructions 2006 Miata

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
miataman

Post by miataman »

Brian wrote:Figure about 3 hours...
Thanks a lot Brian!
It has been sitting in my bedroom for almost 2 months now and I couldn't install it because I had lots of work to do at first and then I had to sort the problem with the misfires first... So it's about time now...
ctompkins5

Filter replacement / cleaning

Post by ctompkins5 »

Since this unit places the filter on the front side of the radiator in the nose, how difficult is it to get in there to pull the filter to either clean it or replace it. I'd rather not have to take the nose off the car ever time this need to be done. Or am I missing something about the design?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You can reach up from under the bumper to get the filter...you need to disconnect a few of the plastic rivets to do it but perhaps five minutes to get the filter out.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mx-5-06

Post by mx-5-06 »

Holy Cow!! I got this bad boy this past Friday. I started the install and wished almost from the get go that I took it to someone else to do. I am not your typical "Weekend Mechanic" Hell I even take my other car to Jiffylube. So with that being said it took me a little over 8hrs from start to finish and yes I did the dance of joy :lol: My only grip about the whole install was those stupid plastic rivets that popped in everywhere. Once I figured how to get them off I flew... Getting them back on was a whole nother matter. :x Also my front bumper has 4 more nuts to remove before it pulls off. I think its because I have the ground effect package. Anyways, if I can do it anyone can.
While I was putting the bumper back on I checked to make sure I could remove the filter once a year and found I put the clamp on backwards so I had to pull the bumper back off and fix the clamp so all I have to do is just remove the underside to get to it.. Peace of cake... well we shall see next year..
06 MX-5 Copper Red
Grand Touring DSC with Traction Control Limited Slip Differential
CAI AEM
RoadsterSport Q (w/out Baffles)
Chrome Fuel Lid Door
Eibach Pro-kit Springs
tbdomenz

Re: AEM Installation Instructions 2006 Miata

Post by tbdomenz »

OK I give up, where's the pictures :oops:
Tom in 60193
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, we lost some pics when we switched over to the current forum software. But all kits have the instructions with pics included.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bjinright

Post by bjinright »

I was looking for the STR modified install notes. Anyone know where to find them?
projectrally

Post by projectrally »

Hey Brian,

any updated info on the install specifics if you've got an 09+ car?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, turned out the install can be completed with the bits already on the car.....just re-use the factory elbow.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
projectrally

Post by projectrally »

Brian wrote:Yes, turned out the install can be completed with the bits already on the car.....just re-use the factory elbow.
Do i have to bypass or disconnect the sound enhancer resonator? More accurately, Do I get do? Nothing would make me happier...