Eibach Anti-Roll Kit for NC

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
NC+Will=Happiness

Eibach Anti-Roll Kit for NC

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

Unfortunatly, no pictures to supplement my method here. I only needed a jack to remove the bar from the car once it was loose. It would probably make installation easier to put the car up on a lift but for those who do'nt have access:

Tools needed: 14mm open end wrench, preferrably ratcheting. 14mm standard and deep socket. 18" socket bar (breaker bar). Blue locktite. A drop light.

FRONT BAR
1)Park car on a flat surface, place handbrake on. Turn ignition to release steering lock. Turn wheels fully to the left.

2) Loosen and remove sway bar end link nut at sway bar, do not remove end link to control arm bolt.

3) Turn wheels fully to the right, repeat step 2.

4) Loosen the two mounting nuts on the sway bar bracket but do not remove.

5) Turn wheels fully to the left, repeat step 4.

6) Remove nuts holding sway bar mount and remove mount and bushing from stock sway bar. Settle sway bar between studs.

7) You guessed it! Turn wheels to right and repeat step 6. Stock sway bar should be loose.

8) Raise the left front with a jack, place a jack stand and remove the wheel.

9) The bar will come out with some tight manoevering. Seems easiest to keep the bar ends pointed down while moving it out. Be careful not to damage the water hoses, belts etc when pulling out from the wheel well. You can look from under the hood between the front of the engine and airbox area to help place your path.

10) Repeat process in reverse! Use plently of bushing lube while installing the new parts. Return car to lowered position.

REAR BAR

1) Lay down on your back and face the underside of car. Use a creeper or just slide into position to view the mounting of the bar.

2) Remove bar just like the front instructions. This one is easy! Nice and smooth to remove and install.

3) Check all bolts, inspect all work areas for loose tools and parts.

4) Take car for a light test drive.

5) Enjoy a nice, flat MX-5!

I love the difference this kit made! The car handles much, much better. When before the back end would feel like it wanted to bounce around during aggressive cornering, now it stays planted and traction is greatly improved. On a few backroads in Glendale,CA, I played around with a buddy of mine in the twisties. He was in his '86 Porsche 930 slantnose, and in some smaller corners, he could'nt keep up with me in my little Miata. And that's with stock tires, wheels, struts and springs. Once the Eibach Pro-Kit goes on and I get some decent meats under the car, I can only imagine how well this car will do out on the streets! I highly recommend this upgrade! Thanks again all at Good-Win-Racing!
2006 MX-5 "Sport" 6-spd, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers some time in the next eternity!
zonads

Post by zonads »

thx for the instructions I plan on doing this one soon... btw is the "blue locktite" the bushing lube you mentioned to get? Autozone carry this? thx again

-Z
NC+Will=Happiness

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

Blue Loctite is a nut fastener. It's an anerobic liquid that keeps things from loostening up. The bushing lube comes with the Eibach kit in little pouches. It's a thick white grease.
2006 MX-5 "Sport" 6-spd, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers some time in the next eternity!
hhowey

Is EIBACH telling us everything?

Post by hhowey »

I have bought the EIBACH anti-sway bars; however, in a discussion with a front-end mechanic here, I was told that there is a potential to damage the connectors where the ends of the front sway-bar is attached.

If this is a potential hazard, shouldn't EIBACH include this caveat in their installation instructions?
Skip Howey
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Eibach should if your mechanic was right....but we have no evidence at this time to suggest your mechanic is right as there are thousands of NC owners using the Eibach sway bars with no issues.

Nonetheless, I think what your mechanic is referring to is the fact that we are putting this beefy bar in there but not changing the endlinks. If that is his concern then I do share some of that concern, though the experience of actual users has not suggested the concern is justified...so far. What you can do about it is run the Racing Beat upgraded endlinks for the RX8. The NC platform is a shortened RX8 platform....the sways and links are interchangeable and Racing Beat makes an upgraded set of links for their beefy RX8 front sway and those work on the NC as well. The NC is a good 400+ pounds lighter than the RX8 so the upgraded links for the RX8 are way over engineered for the stress they would get in the NC. See our RX8 suspension section and you will find those there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Roger

Re: End-link installation

Post by Roger »

Brian, are there any special instructions for bolting in new beefed up end-links?

for example, should 07 MX-5 be sitting on its tires, or should each corner of car be on a jack (weight off tires) when factory end-link is removed and new one installed. (I have Eibach anti-sway replacement bars on Miata)

Thanks, Roger
Roger
2007 Red Touring MT6 LSD, 235/40 T1Rs on 8" Enkei , Eibach sways, AEM CAI, Roadster Sport2 exhaust, MS airdam
whptgud

Re: End-link installation

Post by whptgud »

Roger wrote:Brian, are there any special instructions for bolting in new beefed up end-links?

for example, should 07 MX-5 be sitting on its tires, or should each corner of car be on a jack (weight off tires) when factory end-link is removed and new one installed. (I have Eibach anti-sway replacement bars on Miata)

Thanks, Roger
I just installed a set of the Hotchkis on my NC. I changed them in full suspension drop. I then tightened them while the car was on the ground...
06 GT GG, PSS10, Hotchkis, GWR exhaust, RPF1, AD08, IL braces, MS, dptune
91 A CR 5sp, Millen, FM, GAB, MOMO, Panasport, Naca, braced
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Eibach Anti-Roll Kit for NC

Post by Brian »

Ideally (assuming you can reach them) we want to do it on the ground....and get the bar ends as even/level as you can.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com