NC Spring Perch Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC Spring Perch Installation

Post by Brian »

You are leaping to the assumption that the original arc geometry of the rear was in anyway ideal. To put it another way, you are also assuming that making that rear shock action more linear is somehow a bad thing. I humbly suggest there is no evidence to support those assumptions (the fact I am consistently TOP TIME OF DAY at event after event suggests we might even have improved that geometry, or at the very least not 'compromised' it).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Brian, you make a good point. Are you concerned about the bottom of the damper not being supported by the post on the upright? I guess it's never been a problem for you.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Indeed never been an issue and I can't imagine many customers putting more stress on it than we do....with 18x10.5 wheels, 285/30/18 hoosiers and about 300 hp.

But if concerned on that point have a machine shop make you a little sleeve for better fit/support.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RBNetEngr

Post by RBNetEngr »

I am using MeisterR CRDs. Is it advised to add the spacers and longer bolts to the rear bottom mounts on them, to move them more inboard?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

RBNetEngr wrote:I am using MeisterR CRDs. Is it advised to add the spacers and longer bolts to the rear bottom mounts on them, to move them more inboard?
Not required but doesn't hurt.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RBNetEngr

Post by RBNetEngr »

Thanks, Brian.