OpenFlash Tablet

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
LeroyD620

OpenFlash Tablet

Post by LeroyD620 »

I just installed the RoadsterSport Complete Street Exhaust Combo...with Ceramic Coated Header on my 2016 Launch Edition Miata. I bought the OpenFlash Tablet (OFT) in order to tune it (running with the stock map in the ECU produced a check engine light and the code related to the catalytic converter temp; so the tune was necessary to make the light go out). I expected there to be some instructions in the OFT packaging or online that would help me decide which of the maps to install. I figured, what the heck and went for the stage 3 map.

Can someone tell me the difference between the different Miata ND maps that are pre-loaded on the OFT?

By the way, with the exhaust and tune, it not only sounds great, but it really runs great too!

LeRoy
Sean @ GWR

Re: OpenFlash Tablet

Post by Sean @ GWR »

The differences in the maps are not huge but the Stage 3 is the most aggressive in the upper RPM, below 5000RPM there are not major differences between the tunes. I'd recommend starting with the Stage 1 tune, data logging and checking for knock. You can also send those files into OpenFlash for review, and moving up to Stage 2 or 3 once you review a datalog.