Alignment and ride height setup for new GWR goodies

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
DevinC444

Alignment and ride height setup for new GWR goodies

Post by DevinC444 »

First post. Thank you in advance. I just received the following from GWR. Great folks to work with. I would like a starting point for my ride height, front and rear sway settings, and alignment. I will not be doing autoX, just track days and some daily driving.

2006 NC 6spd M/T and LSD

Ohlins R/T
Progress sways
Cobalt strut tower
Roadstersport 6 piece underbody braces
17X9 PF01 +48 w/ 245/40/17 tires ( if the 235 fits easily according to my reading, I assume the 245 will need a slight fender roll front and back)
Roadstersport max power complete exhaust combo ( you all probably do not need know that for this discussion, but thought weight may affect things so I included it?)

Thanks again,
Devin
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Alignment and ride height setup for new GWR goodies

Post by Brian »

My suggestion for starting heights is 13.25 all around, given mix of daily driving and track that's a good compromise. YES, you need fender lips rolled for your 245mm tires. If measuring heights without your weight in the car make front a hair lower, rear a hair higher because you essentially sit on the rear shocks in these cars.

For alignment, so much depends on how much freeway driving you do. IF answer is that freeway driving is under 100 miles a week and you otherwise put 500 miles and more on the car per week in mixed driving then we get more aggressive with the camber. But if the answer is 500 miles a week and 400 are on the freeway, then a lot of camber will wear the tires fast on inside shoulder. With the track days in mind, starting settings something like this are still relatively mild for car this light and should survive reasonable freeway driving:

Front Camber -2.2
Front Toe Zero
Caster 6

Rear Camber -1.8
Toe IN 1/32nd per side
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DevinC444

Post by DevinC444 »

Thanks Brian,

I will do less than 100 mile per week of freeway. As far as the initial sway bar setup, what do you suggest?

I really appreciate your help and look forward to driving the car with the new suspension.

Regards,
Devin
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Starting sway positions middle at the front, soft at the rear (holes near bar ends).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com