NC Rollbar Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Copper Red

Post by Copper Red »

Question about the weld points. If I remember correctly, the gas tank is really close to where you welded the center mounts on. Will the tank need to be dropped to do this and repaint the area on the opposite side/underneath of the weld?

Just curious.

Thanks!
06 w/RHT and MS springs,sways,stb
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Copper Red wrote:Question about the weld points. If I remember correctly, the gas tank is really close to where you welded the center mounts on. Will the tank need to be dropped to do this and repaint the area on the opposite side/underneath of the weld?

Just curious.

Thanks!
no need to drop the tank....directions above are complete.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Gripper

Post by Gripper »

Brian,
I realize it wouldn't be as structurally stiff, but wouldn't it be easier to have the studs face down into the floor, then have the customer drill holes in the floor? A lot more people have access to a drill than a MIG welder.

On second thought you did say that the fuel tank was below that area...is there clearance to drop the studs through the floor? Can you even access that area under the car to put nuts on the studs?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Gripper wrote:Brian,
I realize it wouldn't be as structurally stiff, but wouldn't it be easier to have the studs face down into the floor, then have the customer drill holes in the floor? A lot more people have access to a drill than a MIG welder.

On second thought you did say that the fuel tank was below that area...is there clearance to drop the studs through the floor? Can you even access that area under the car to put nuts on the studs?
Indeed you can't easily access the other side so this idea would not work.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Gripper

Post by Gripper »

Gotcha :wink:
ZIPNBYE

Post by ZIPNBYE »

Brian,

Does the double-hoop bar work with the PRHT? I know that the single-hoop doesn't...but this could be an interesting option.
Richard
2007 MX-5 GT/PP/PRHT | Stormy Blue Mica / saddle brown | #1 of 16 special order cars | Signed by Takao Kijima & Tom Matano
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ZIPNBYE wrote:Brian,

Does the double-hoop bar work with the PRHT? I know that the single-hoop doesn't...but this could be an interesting option.
sorry..no idea
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
StKnoWhere

Post by StKnoWhere »

I'm not sure where the PHRT interfers with the full bar but here's a few shots of what the full bar looks like under the RHT.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/attachment.ph ... ntid=56964

http://forum.miata.net/vb/attachment.ph ... ntid=56965

http://forum.miata.net/vb/attachment.ph ... ntid=56966
KingManos

Post by KingManos »

Brian, this roll bar

looks stronger than your black, can AWR construct the ''foundation'' of the black one same as this?
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Brian,

I like the looks of this double-hoop bar, and I'm glad to see it's available in black. (Where does the customer select the color?)

This bar looks sturdy, and the built-in harness bars are nice, too. Can you tell me if this bar is approved by SCCA or NASA for HPDEs?

Michael
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.