NC Rollbar Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks Tom for the great write-up AND pics. No doubt future installers will much appreciate your additional details.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jetkins

Post by jetkins »

papdoc wrote:My double hoop roll bar arrived on Monday and I installed it yesterday. There are some notes on the installation instructions:
1. For the cars with the Bose Sound System: the new roll bar had the necessary holes predrilled for the installation of the speakers. These holes were missing in the previous versions of the rollbar, but obviously Brian took care of i
On the double-hoop bar, perhaps, but the single-hoop bar I received last week did not have holes or studs for mounting the speakers (or the Bluetooth module which bolts up in almost the same place on my '09 GT). It wasn't that big of a deal to drill holes and mount them with self-tappers, but I was disappointed to find that this still hasn't been fixed on the single-hoop bar over a year after it was resolved on the double.
tomkk

Post by tomkk »

My double hoop with rear supports didn't have the mounting holes either. I drilled and tapped the 3 holes but ended up leaving the speakers out anyway. The double hoop's extra center legs interfere with the cubbies behind the driver and passenger seats. Between the cubbies, the rollbar legs, the speakers (which protrude from their mount) and the center console lips the rear trim has to fit under, I figured something was going to break if I tried it with the speakers mounted. Frankly, I haven't missed the rear speakers a bit ...
Tom
2008 Red GT soft top
Roger

double hoop rool bar weight

Post by Roger »

I am also installing the double hoop bar (silver) in my Red 07. regarding the question on new bar's weight: it is 30 pounds, which is 12 pounds heavier than factory bar, and as tomkk mentioned - it looks great and is impressive!
Roger
Roger
2007 Red Touring MT6 LSD, 235/40 T1Rs on 8" Enkei , Eibach sways, AEM CAI, Roadster Sport2 exhaust, MS airdam
tomkk

Post by tomkk »

Thx Roger. Did that weight include the rear support bars?
Tom
2008 Red GT soft top
Roger

Post by Roger »

Tom
additional 12 poounds was for double hoop bar only.

Additional weight - but not much, would be added by the optional 2 rear braces when on the track (I have these also), the 2 plates welded in for the 2 center bar posts, and the optional beefed up in-trunk support.

I noticed form your positings that you have the additional in-trunk support. I ordered the double hoop bar with the 2 rear braces, but shipment did not include the in-trunk support - did your order include the in-trunk hardware or was ordered separate?

Thanks,
Roger
2007 Red Touring MT6 LSD, 235/40 T1Rs on 8" Enkei , Eibach sways, AEM CAI, Roadster Sport2 exhaust, MS airdam
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

All designs with the rear supports...include the upgraded supports in the trunk for those connection points. So, contact us by email if you don't find those in the packing materials.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
whptgud

Re: double hoop rool bar weight

Post by whptgud »

Roger wrote:I am also installing the double hoop bar (silver) in my Red 07. regarding the question on new bar's weight: it is 30 pounds, which is 12 pounds heavier than factory bar, and as tomkk mentioned - it looks great and is impressive!
Roger
Terrific! Thanks for the info. Please post a picture when you have the opportunity...
06 GT GG, PSS10, Hotchkis, GWR exhaust, RPF1, AD08, IL braces, MS, dptune
91 A CR 5sp, Millen, FM, GAB, MOMO, Panasport, Naca, braced
Greg Tilkens

Post by Greg Tilkens »

Thanks Tomkk! My double hoop bar should arrive any day.

I'm confused though about the rear center speakers. In Nov '08 Papdoc wrote:

[quote]My double hoop roll bar arrived on Monday and I installed it yesterday.
1. For the cars with the Bose Sound System: the new roll bar had the necessary holes predrilled for the installation of the speakers. These holes were missing in the previous versions of the rollbar, but obviously Brian took care of it[/quote]

Brian?

Tomkk - any chance you could take a photo or two more of the cubbie cut out? I can imagine cutting and trial fitting that large piece of plastic with the cubbies is a pain. Any insight into where and how much to cut would be appreciated!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We never made any change on the holes for the speakers. We copied the crossbar that was in my car for all versions of our roll bars...including the holes that were in it....which likely includes at least some of the mounting points needed for the speakers. My car is a base model and didn't have the rear speakers so that's as far as my understanding of the rear speakers goes...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com