NC Coilover Install....OHLINS, JIC, etc...

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.

Re: NC Coilover Install....OHLINS, JIC, etc...

Postby Brian » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:50 pm

We have given Ohlins our feedback, but they are making the call on rates. So, no numbers yet. We hear SPRING before we get first kits. I expect entire first batch will be standard kit, with race kits coming later.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:16 am

OHLINS for ND, after install pic by customer Pete Stoppani
Attachments
OhlinsP.png
OhlinsP.png (443.87 KiB)
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Bump to make easy to find.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sam.bunger » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 pm

I just ordered a set for my NC. I know I've read tuning the settings is an art and takes practice but are there suggested setting starting points for road and track? I would like to have a good ride to the track and then adjust for when I am on the track.

Thanks
sam.bunger

Postby AZ Sun Lover » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Brian,
My apologies but I just skimmed through here and don’t know for sure but I’m guessing the front spring size is an 65mm x 8” spring for the Ohlin’s?
I found a used set I was thinking about purchasing. Now pushing 60 I think I would like to lower the front spring rate by 1 or 1.5kg... Then replacing the RX-8 Red & Yellow swaybar’s with an NC Blue & Green or with Red & Blue or Green swaybar’s.

Thanks in advance,
AZ
AZ Sun Lover

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 am

AZ Sun Lover wrote:Brian,
My apologies but I just skimmed through here and don’t know for sure but I’m guessing the front spring size is an 65mm x 8” spring for the Ohlin’s?
I found a used set I was thinking about purchasing. Now pushing 60 I think I would like to lower the front spring rate by 1 or 1.5kg... Then replacing the RX-8 Red & Yellow swaybar’s with an NC Blue & Green or with Red & Blue or Green swaybar’s.

Thanks in advance,
AZ

Yes, 8 inch front spring. That DFV valving is amazing, really no need to lower front spring rate for great ride quality in our experience.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:21 am

sam.bunger wrote:I just ordered a set for my NC. I know I've read tuning the settings is an art and takes practice but are there suggested setting starting points for road and track? I would like to have a good ride to the track and then adjust for when I am on the track.

Thanks

It's a tune to taste situation, and everyone's ideal taste on settings will be a little different and quality of your local roads will have a big influence. Start 10 clicks off stiff front and 15 off stiff rear for comfortable street sport touring, and adjust from there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Installation Instructions