Sway Bar Mounts

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Bajan

Sway Bar Mounts

Post by Bajan »

Anyone installed the heavy duty swaybar mounts?

I am looking for any hints tips or advice.

Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If talking the HD mounts I have put those in and they are a pain. Take some time to make sure you have correct orientation of them because some folks have put them on backwards and then had to redo the job after they tried to put the sway back on and figured it out only then. You need to break the tack welds on the old factory mounts to get them off...just twist them back and forth until the tack weld snaps. Depending on application you may need to relocate the power steering cooling line on driver's side.

If just talking about the Racing Beat blocks and bolts...those are easy. Thread the supplied longer bolts through, then put nuts on top and start spinning them down until some thread shows through, add the blocks on top and then slowly work the bolts up as you spin the nuts down so that you can torque the bolts at the D clip first...and then run the blocks up against the frame rails.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bajan

Post by Bajan »

I am talking about the HD. What is the correct way round for them? The slightly curved section to the back or front? "Leaning" to the inside or outside?

Thanks! The advice is much apreciated. Looks like I may have to move the PS line - although I am doing this for a right hand drive '97, so it may be slightly different.

I have some initial pics on my cardomain site, page 18. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Again, thanks!

http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/201466
Bajan

Post by Bajan »

Just an update.

I have finished installing these mounts and have posted some pics and instructions on how to do it on my Cardomain site. Not that hard - took about 4 hours or so, start to finish.

Tools needed:

Vice grips
Pliers
10, 12 and 13 box wrench (mm)
10, 12 and 13 sockets (mm)
Dremel and cutting head (or equivalent)
Bucket - to catch the coolant in!
Flat head (large) screwdriver - to help geting the old brackets off.

Check page 18 of my site - http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/201466/18