NC Rollbar installation-2

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Copper07

NC Rollbar installation-2

Post by Copper07 »

An addendum to the excellent installation instructions on this forum: on MX-5s with the 6 speaker audio upgrade, there are 2 speakers mounted on the cross brace of the stock roll bar.

They install on 3 welded in bolts (these bolts can be seen in photo # 9 of the installation guide). There are no bolts in this position on the new roll bar. I used a template to drill three holes in the new bar and used self-tapping screws to remount my speakers. Perhaps AWR can be asked to add the bolts in future production???
John
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good update...if we can get a car with the speakers locally we can have Tony at AWR look at this.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KingManos

Re: NC Rollbar installation-2

Post by KingManos »

Copper07 wrote:An addendum to the excellent installation instructions on this forum: on MX-5s with the 6 speaker audio upgrade, there are 2 speakers mounted on the cross brace of the stock roll bar.

They install on 3 welded in bolts (these bolts can be seen in photo # 9 of the installation guide). There are no bolts in this position on the new roll bar. I used a template to drill three holes in the new bar and used self-tapping screws to remount my speakers. Perhaps AWR can be asked to add the bolts in future production???
John
Are you talking about the model with the bose sound system?
willyspu

Post by willyspu »

I have an '08 without the Bose and I had speakers there. Maybe all the '08's have them now? I took them out as I felt the stereo seperation was better without them . . .but it would be cool to have a template to put them in if I ever pull it all aprat again.
Roger

Re: NC Rollbar installation-2

Post by Roger »

I just completed my double hoop rollbar installation on my 07 NC that also had 2 speakers factory mounted between the seats (not Bose). I elected not to reinstall these two speakers and found the stereo to be better now than before with these two speakers (better right/left sound definition). Interesting.

roger
Roger
2007 Red Touring MT6 LSD, 235/40 T1Rs on 8" Enkei , Eibach sways, AEM CAI, Roadster Sport2 exhaust, MS airdam