Happy Birthday Buell to Me!

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Brian
Site Admin

Happy Birthday Buell to Me!

Post by Brian »

My midlife crisis birthday present just arrived! It's not a Harley...not really. I burned through dozens of one note track machines over the years that I replaced as soon as the next slightly faster sportbike came along...and none of those narrowly focused bikes left a lasting impression. However, along the way a few 'just for fun' street twins (including Hawk NT650GT and Suzuki VX800) left lasting impressions because their fun low rpm torquey motors were the opposite of the highstrung inline four track machines. Always wanted one of these Buells...powered by a downright crude and industrial Harley Sportster motor it is such a hooligan rowdy thumpy torquey funster. Picked it up from the prior owner in Del Mar and ran it down the coast the long way home for lunch today....big fun! Bonus, it neatly matches the 'Screaming Banana' NC Light.
Attachments
Cyclone.jpg
Cyclone.jpg (35.29 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Re: Happy Birthday Buell to Me!

Post by Panic.button »

Congratulations, and Happy Birthday!!

One day I'll settle for a nice cruiser too..
CHeavin_2006

Post by CHeavin_2006 »

Nice! And Happy Birthday!
What's your favorite color Brian...? :lol:
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

Good for you, Brian! I also rode a Buell, but sold my XB12S when I bought my MX-5, and I miss it terribly.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks Guys. I read one old review of this bike that called it the 'Old Man's Sportbike' and I am quite okay with that description...it is much more comfortable than a sport bike, more accurately described as a "standard", and far from fastest thing out there....but the loud, rowdy and crude cruiser motor just adds to the fun factor. Already found that the 85 ft-lbs of torque right off idle enables easy wheelies! :D
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com