Carbon Fiber NC Trunk Lid?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Carbon Fiber NC Trunk Lid?

Post by Brian »

Hi Guys

Just finishing the new bigger window carbon fiber hardtop for NC and will get final pictures and prices posted in the next few days.

I would like a carbon trunk lid on our NC LIGHT. Any interest in making such carbon trunk lid a production item? Or, perhaps something else folks want first in carbon?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Re: Carbon Fiber NC Trunk Lid?

Post by jboemler »

I'd suggest some front fenders, wider than stock but well-curved so they look right. For track cars, 5-pound carbon doors would be cool -- nice stiff ones with finished CF insides. I'd also like to see a "luggage tray" sort of thing for behind the seats, to finish off the area once the soft top is removed, but I realize not too many folks would have a use for that.

jim
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks Jim. ....good ideas.

Note we have the doors already done....right here:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0643.html
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Thanks Brian, I'd forgotten about your existing doors.

jim
whptgud

Post by whptgud »

I'd like to see a set of panels to cover up the area under the roll bar. I would like to remove the large black panel but it is pretty ugly with wires etc. This would be keeping the soft top on...
06 GT GG, PSS10, Hotchkis, GWR exhaust, RPF1, AD08, IL braces, MS, dptune
91 A CR 5sp, Millen, FM, GAB, MOMO, Panasport, Naca, braced
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

I actually really want those aluminum panels that cover up the area where the softtop goes. Or maybe get AWR to fabricate a rollcage that fits the detachable hardtop....Also, I'd be really interested in the carbon fiber trunk but I would like to have a carbon fiber hood to go with it as well 8)

anyways, the carbon trunk would be a really good idea to compensate for the weight gained from my GT spoiler :mrgreen:

Can't wait til all these products are available I will order the CF hardtop/trunk/hood all together haha
catshark

Post by catshark »

Carbon Fibre flared fenders with clean lines (therefore not just fender flares) would be on my list. I'd also be interested in the trunk lid but since I use the trunk daily it would have to function with the OEM hardware which I'm guessing would be more trouble then it's worth from a racing point of view
jasonMX5

Post by jasonMX5 »

I would be interested in the trunk lid, but no emblem holes please. Also a hood with a front extractor vent like a porsche cgt, and get rid of the hump also add in windshield wiper aero cover.
2007 NC, 6spd. True Red, BEGi turbocharged. Supporting mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmm, have thought about an extractor hood....likely at least as popular as the trunk lid.

By the way, got the carbon fiber hardtop completed.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1006.html
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jasonMX5

Post by jasonMX5 »

OHHH my that is beautiful! Well I know what I will be doing next for my cars body. Great work Brian! Plus it beats the crap out of the mazda roof. They want 2400 for it even after my discount.... :D
2007 NC, 6spd. True Red, BEGi turbocharged. Supporting mods.