cooling in the desert

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
magick

cooling in the desert

Post by magick »

Hi everbody - just installed my o2sensors and gear shift knob and I love it. Sadly my thermodtst workrd fine - on to the radiator - Brian please tell me what to order and I willorder today. Also should I still purchsce the radiator cowl? Apparently I need an air filter as well - this shop told me to talk to you about cold air induction??? Again your help is so appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Magic
Brian
Site Admin

Re: cooling in the desert

Post by Brian »

The intake won't help the radiator function, I would try a radiator cowl cover as the next step to keep temperatures under control...it forces more air through the radiator.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1032.html
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1033.html
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
magick

Post by magick »

I think I just want to go ahead with the new radiator - can it hurt anything at this point? So I just need a basic air filter than? Would you go ahead with the radiator cowl as well?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

magick wrote:I think I just want to go ahead with the new radiator - can it hurt anything at this point? So I just need a basic air filter than? Would you go ahead with the radiator cowl as well?
I would start with one of those....certainly the rad cowl cover is less expensive and easier to do (you can do it at home in about 10 minutes...real easy). Might be worth trying that and then doing the radiator upgrade if needed. Our Miata Koyo Radiators should cure the issue for forever (here are the links...we have the 37mm size Koyo for 90-97 Miata, and we have the 37mm KOYO Radiator for 99-05 Miata)
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
magick

Post by magick »

next question - within 5 miles of 02 sensor installation I got a trouble code from one of them - of course the shop won't help me because I brought them in - any idea on that. And I love my shifter !!! It Rocks!!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That immediate engine light likely means the shop didn't wire or install the O2 sensor correctly. They should agree to look at it again because the odds are very high they goofed up (can be as simple as pinching the wires where they enter the sensor head).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com