NC Seats

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
slcmx5

NC Seats

Post by slcmx5 »

I am curious as to what aftermarket seats people are using that fit the NC, whether or not you used Brian's NC Seat Rails with them and if you had to modify anything to make them fit. It almost appears that the upper shoulder widths of most seats won't fit?
rpmchris

Re: NC Seats

Post by rpmchris »

I just installed Sparco Fighter seats using Brian's seat rails and Sparco sliders. I bolted the sliders directly to the seat rails. The Fighter is a bottom mount seat, so I had to fabricate two steel "straps" to cross between the sliders. The seats in the NC are offset to the center of the car in reference to the seat rail-to-floorpan, so I had to "trial and error" the mounting holes. I also had to fabricate brackets to use the OEM seat belts. I'm MORE than happy with the results.

I'll have pics after this weekend's autocross.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

I don't know about you, Chris, but my weekend's autocross (the DC ProSolo) is over. So I'd love to see your pics.

Also, can you tell me how much weight you estimate you saved and how your seat height was impacted?
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

My NC2's passenger seatbelt terminates in the seat bottom, rather than the at the floor. Are the NC1 seatbelts like that? How is that issue handled when replacing seats?

Chis,

Can you post those photos, please? Thanks.

Michael
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
blue8300

Post by blue8300 »

I don't have aftermarket seats, but i have those great OEM Recaro seat in my NC2.
There are just perfect ! Not only they look great but they give a great support. :mrgreen:

halfpint

Post by halfpint »

Nice looking seats. Does the Recaros still offer seat height adjustment for the driver?