Rattle & Sqeak from centre storage comparetment

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
MXF1VE

Rattle & Sqeak from centre storage comparetment

Post by MXF1VE »

Hi all. I've lived with this for a long time, but I cannot live with it anymore. I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but the rear storgae compartment between the two seats rattles and sqeaks like crazy. The funny thing is, if i just softly touch it with my elbow while driving or put my hand on it, it stops. Something behind it has to be loose. I am more than happy to check, only problem is, how do I even begin to remove the back black plastic compartment behind the two seats to even look?

Is the centre storage compartment part of this or seperate? Any assistance (with pics if possible) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys
NC 2L Copper Red,Tan Leather,BMC Carbon Fibre Induction Kit,HID Headlights, Lowered Suspension,RX8 18" wheels,245/35/R18,DBA 4000XS Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors,Nautilus Horn,Beatrush Harness,4pt harness,2 8" subs behind seats and "MXF1VE" plates
jboemler

Re: Rattle & Sqeak from centre storage comparetment

Post by jboemler »

On this topic, you might get more feedback on miata.net.

To remove the back panel, you have to start down at the rocker panels, and remove everything that connects backward from there. There are several articles with pictures over on miata.net. Yes, the center console is a separate piece, screwed down to the metal tunnel underneath. To remove it, you'll have to pull up on the connecting piece that covers where the sliding panel slides, and also pull back on the two triangular pieces at the front of the console. It's fairly obvious from there, but there are lots of bits to pull and unscrew. Again, search for the articles, they're there.

Wear heavy leather gloves -- most of us who've tried all this have donated blood over it.

jim