Problem With GWR Rollbar?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
KDL323

Problem With GWR Rollbar?

Post by KDL323 »

Did anyone ever have any problems lining it up? Im talking about the 2 bolts right above the base of the roll bar. The one where you need to get 2 smaller bolts. Did anyone have a problem lining it up together? My passenger side was really off by alot and I had to trim the one with the smaller circle down a bit.

Was I ever supposed to install that piece or I dont need to? Heres a couple of pictures of the driver side and passenger side.You can tell the difference and see how off it is on the passenger side. Oh and I also used washers for the mean time because I didnt buy smaller bolts yet.

Passenger side:

As you guys can see, it doesnt sit flush. It sits crooked.

Driver side:
NC1
07miata

Re: Problem With GWR Rollbar?

Post by 07miata »

I had to do the same with mine, although it wasn't off by quite as much as yours. Mine wasn't visually crooked, although I had to drill out one hole slightly on the roll bar maybe 1-2 mm. Make sure you get everything bolted-up before you tighten any bolts, as the slack will help things fit together better.