Exhaust/Muffler fitment with hitch and MS rear bumper

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Captaincrunch

Exhaust/Muffler fitment with hitch and MS rear bumper

Post by Captaincrunch »

Hello all. Christmas is coming soon and planning to buy myself a Christmas present. I have 2 questions.

1. Will the Curt hitch affect the fitment of an aftermarket muffler? I know the hitch is designed for the stock muffler. Will the single tip (street/race single) work with the hitch in place?

2. I see many duals have an alternate version for appearance packages (extended tip). Will that also work better with my MS rear bumper?

Thanks!
Reitrof

Re: Exhaust/Muffler fitment with hitch and MS rear bumper

Post by Reitrof »

I assume you have an NC.

I have the MS bumper with the RSII and the curt hitch. If I was going to do it again, I would look at the Hard Dog hitch. Would be an easier install I think.
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn
Captaincrunch

Post by Captaincrunch »

Yes. Forgot to mention it's an NC.

I already have the Curt hitch installed.
BrianC3343

Post by BrianC3343 »

The Curt Hitch does not work well with the Roadstersport "Q" muffler. I had to grind off part of the brackets and shorten my Goodwin Racing mid-pipe with the slip joint to get them to fit together. I also have a Goodwin Roadstersport Race muffler and there aren't any clearance issues between the two.

Brian C.
2006 Mazda MX5, Prepped for STR
Reitrof

Post by Reitrof »

Captaincrunch wrote:Hello all. Christmas is coming soon and planning to buy myself a Christmas present. I have 2 questions.

2. I see many duals have an alternate version for appearance packages (extended tip). Will that also work better with my MS rear bumper?

Thanks!
Yes.
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn