SEMA CRAZY WEEK

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

SEMA CRAZY WEEK

Post by Brian »

Hi Folks

It is the annual SEMA show week. We have full service today through Wednesday morning. Expect to catch our voicemail increasingly as the week goes forward. Most things still ship this week....especially if you get your orders in today or Tuesday! We will be responding to emails every day...including from Vegas.

If you are at SEMA this week and see something you recommend we check out...please let us know!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
whptgud

Re: SEMA CRAZY WEEK

Post by whptgud »

Brian,

Any thoughts on the MX-5 Super20 displayed at the show?
06 GT GG, PSS10, Hotchkis, GWR exhaust, RPF1, AD08, IL braces, MS, dptune
91 A CR 5sp, Millen, FM, GAB, MOMO, Panasport, Naca, braced
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, nice to see the blower in the Mazda booth. Cosworth delivered all the kits they had in stock to us about a week ago and those kits are moving out the door to customers now that we finally have good tunes for the amazing hardware. It is great that we finally have excellent tuning options for the Cosworth powered cars now (both DPTUNE and MOTO-EAST are doing ever better starting tunes for this application). I talked with Jim Jordan at the Mazda booth briefly about the car, he mentioned that he had not yet had chance to drive it himself but was looking forward to it.

The wheels had my sources at Enkei confused. Mazda lists the wheel as a 16x9 and Enkei swears that no such wheel exists. Looking close at the wheels reveals a crude welding line.....it appears they were made just for this car (they started with a 16x7 and cut and welded another section in to make it 16x9). Even after the surgery the wheels don't appear to actually fit the car without spacers both front and rear and even then things are TIGHT. Thus, I don't expect we will have a 16x9 fitment in that wheel anytime soon.

I really like the fender flares....and I think Mazda should sell those. I also like the driving light bar, looks sharp. I like the roll bar and the strong contrasting yellow paint and how that color is used to splash details here and there....like the shock tower brace. Love the NA door handles. Lots of fun details on the car.
Attachments
Sema-flared_mx5.JPG
Sema-flared_mx5.JPG (151.52 KiB) Viewed 10444 times
SEMA_MX5_Supercharged.JPG
SEMA_MX5_Supercharged.JPG (209.16 KiB) Viewed 10444 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

FRIDAY NIGHT....SEMA ends! One of the best moments may be when all the cars actually leave....because instead of sitting still they are finally moving, grunting, barking, etc.

It was a good show, lots of fun stuff. We are now distributing MX5 supercharger kits direct from Magnuson. The Cosworth name comes off but otherwise the kit is the same. Thus, rumors in some other forums of the death of this kit have been greatly exaggerated. Cosworth delivered the last kits they had in stock to us about a week ago....and we will go forward selling the kits with tune (by Moto-East) and without. See new LOWER price... starting at $3995 for the kits without tune in our website...that's the best deal ever for an incredible bit of hardware. Customers can pick our MOTO-TUNE package, or go with DPTUNE, XEDE, whatever.

Mazda2. I found myself very surprised by how much I liked the full race version of the Mazda2. Looks like a bucket of fun.

Visited with lots of friends from our various suppliers. Picture of my wife, Andi, holding Formula One Ohlins shock in her right hand, Audi R12 shock in her left hand.
Attachments
SEMA_Ohlins_Shocks.jpg
SEMA_Ohlins_Shocks.jpg (310.11 KiB) Viewed 10430 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

MUST HAVE the fender flares. I know you'll keep us informed on the progress of getting these...

Thanks for the great pics, Brian!
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
rr1santos

Post by rr1santos »

hmm...soo do you think the new company might get the S/C CARB legal in California??
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

rr1santos wrote:hmm...soo do you think the new company might get the S/C CARB legal in California??
Sorry, still no plans for that...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rr1santos

Post by rr1santos »

bummer.
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Wow, that F1 shock is amazing. :shock:

If they can shrink a shock that far, think how small the gas tank must be! :wink:
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

For real on those fender flares. Do you know what company makes them and if they have any interest in selling to the public?
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs