cruise control = high idle

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
epic619

cruise control = high idle

Post by epic619 »

i couldnt find much about this. maybe im using the wrong words. i found out a few days ago my cruise control was not plugged in. it didnt work and i thought i just didnt know how to use it.

i saw a wire on each end of the plug and took it out. plugged it back into where it should go and the cruise control started working. the problem now is my idle stays at 1.5 or going up and down from 1.0 to 1.8. this happens when the car in in netural. once the clutch is in idle goes to 1.0. drives fine but the problem is only when the clutch is out and in netural.

i did get the netural clutch switch changed out when i got the car. check engine light was on but went away after that. now i got this issue to deal with. rest of the car feels fine.

easy fix? i drive a 2001 sport.
epic619

Re: cruise control = high idle

Post by epic619 »

today i unplugged the cruise control and stuck that metal wire into both ends of the white plug. my idle problem is gone but i did get a check engine light while driving with it connected. only thing i can think of is replace that unit thats connected to the clutch pedel.

any thoughts?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: cruise control = high idle

Post by Brian »

Sorry, I don't know that one. Perhaps somebody can chime in who has seen it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com