NC Exhaust Selection ... Same Old!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Lucky_Luke

NC Exhaust Selection ... Same Old!

Post by Lucky_Luke »

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a system for my late 05 NC 2.0L.
I'd like to get a system with a nice purr and deep growl when you punch it and with no droning on long trips or crusing at high speed.

After researching forums/youtube & product descriptions I'm tending toward a combo:
1 - Roadstersport Mid Pipe / Roadstersport Q muffler
2 - Roadstersport Mid Pipe / Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler
3 - Racing Beat pre-silenced Mid Pipe / Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler
(apparently though after talking with RB my third option is not viable due to it being a RHD car (Australian) apparently there is a length issue with the mid pipe and their 4-1 Header is required to be purchased also which I've been told will then allow it to mate up) ?

I have a few queries regarding these combos I'm hoping you guys might help me with ...
Q1 - Will my RHD be an issue with either combination 1 or 2? (I believe not due to the mid pipes slip joint?)
Q2 - Will either combination lead to the droning mentioned previously?
Q3 - Does the Roadstersport mid require longer secondary O2 sensor wire?
Q4 - How does the engine check light issue with the mid pipe work? why does it seem to be a problem swapping the O2 sensor from one pipe to another, when it doesn't know the difference between the 2.

Appreciate any advice/knowledge. Thanks!
Luke.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC Exhaust Selection ... Same Old!

Post by Brian »

Welcome

Check engine lights are only an issue for header change. Likewise, the extension cables are only for header change....to avoid the check engine lights.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Lucky_Luke

Post by Lucky_Luke »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response! I figured I visit your website often enough I should start getting involved more with the forums.
I hope spend up soon with you guys, I have a list all prepped! :D

With reference to my first post though do you know whether the RHD will have an impact on the fitment of your Roadstersport mid pipe with the rear mufflers?

I hope not... :|

Cheers,
Luke
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Luke

We have sent plenty of complete systems to countries with RHD. So far, no reports of any fitment issues.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ourly

Post by ourly »

correct me anyone if i'm wrong, but you will get the best gains from the header. i have the gwr header and mid running with the stock muffler. of course i'm losing out on some hp, but my set up is probably more powerful than midpipe Q for example [just guessing] and it sounds reasonable with no drone. check youtube for goodwin header and mid, stock muffler. after 1000 miles, it sounds even better.
rick
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The most power coming from carrying the 2.5 inch flow all the way out.

To date our best dyno results with the header include the Roadstersport Q on the end of the system.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ptr622

Post by ptr622 »

Brian wrote:
To date our best dyno results with the header include the Roadstersport Q on the end of the system.
Brian,

were any of the baffles mounted?

(AFAIK there was one in, or both in? I can't remember. please correct me.)
subtlehustle

Post by subtlehustle »

Brian wrote:To date our best dyno results with the header include the Roadstersport Q on the end of the system.
I like the weight savings aspect of the single-exit choices, do they suffer in terms of power?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

They don't...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com