NC Coilover for under $1500

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
tmagi

NC Coilover for under $1500

Post by tmagi »

Hey Brian I know you are the guru and I seek your help. I have already spent hours reading all the NC suspension threads on miata.net and have gotten a pretty good idea on which coilovers to look at. Since I'm still in school my budget is kinda tight but I've been saving for some coilovers for a long time and set my cap at $1500.

My choices are:

Megan Racing: $900
B&G RS2: $1500
KW1: $1400
H&R: $1200

Now my questions to you are:

Are the Megan's worth looking at? From the two threads on miata.net I understood they had a bad rep but not so much in the miata world. I take my car out on some canyon roads pretty often and I know for $900 I'm not gonna get Ohlins, but will it be a step up from my stock Blistens?

From all the reading I've done I discovered you tested B&G's RS2 and help perfect them. You wrote some good things about the RS2's and about B&G but you dont sell them on your website. Did you in the past and then pull them?

The KW1 and H&R seem to be the most popular setup among NC's. I did read about a couple issues with the KW1 and couldn't really find much with the H&R. From what customers have told you and your own opinion which seems like the better pick?

I have a 2006 mx-5 sport with 37,000. The car is my DD but I always take "the long way" wherever I go. I also have plans for a couple auto-x events. In addition to coilovers I plan on getting sway bars too. I hope I asked the right questions and look forward to hear what you have to say about these four setups. I appriciate your help.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC Coilover for under $1500

Post by Brian »

From that list I would either use the KW or the B&G. They are two very different choices....one more comfort oriented, the other more performance. I did win a few autocross events with the B&G in the car while we did testing for them. That setup is a little stiff, more for the serious dual purpose machine than a comfortable daily driver. The KW has more comfort but would be less competitive for the autocross days.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
CHeavin_2006

Post by CHeavin_2006 »

I have the set of B&G coilovers for $750 shipped.
tmagi

Post by tmagi »

Do you know anything about the Megans?

Also Brian if you dont mind me asking why dont you sell the B&Gs?

Hey CHeavin where did you find them? Also any troubles on the install?
mykrrrr

Post by mykrrrr »

I picked up a set of Tein SS's for $700 shipped from Tein USA. Used on a demo car. :D
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

tmagi wrote:Do you know anything about the Megans?

Also Brian if you dont mind me asking why dont you sell the B&Gs?

Hey CHeavin where did you find them? Also any troubles on the install?

There is no particular reason we don't sell the B&G coilovers, used a set myself and they worked well. I only know the reputation for problems on the Megans...have not used a set myself.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tmagi

Post by tmagi »

What if we throw TEIN into the equation? Which would you choose for more "preformance bang for your buck"? The B&G or the TEIN?

Also what is the difference between the two on your site?
ourly

Post by ourly »

C, text me about your b@g coilovers. 908 399 3270 ourly@ymail.com
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Any opinions or experience with the ksport suspensions?
2006 GT.