suspension upgrade

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
EvoStevo

suspension upgrade

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian, my 06 mx-5 is now my daily driver. I noticed you're stocking a few more coilovers. Which brand are more street friendly. I'm currently running koni yellows w/RB springs.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: suspension upgrade

Post by Brian »

Nothing beats the Ohlins, nothing comes even close to the ride quality/performance you get with the Ohlins.

Assuming those are not in the budget go with the Bilstein PSS10 or KW choices (I prefer the Bilstein but the KW are very good too).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
CHeavin_2006

Post by CHeavin_2006 »

I just got a set of Ohlins on my 06 last week and they feel fantastic.
Brian what setting would you recommend starting out with for both autocross and daily driving?
I have both front and rears set at 15 clicks from stiff right now.
EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian wrote:Nothing beats the Ohlins, nothing comes even close to the ride quality/performance you get with the Ohlins.

Assuming those are not in the budget go with the Bilstein PSS10 or KW choices (I prefer the Bilstein but the KW are very good too).
Brian, thanks for always helpful feedback.
EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian wrote:Nothing beats the Ohlins, nothing comes even close to the ride quality/performance you get with the Ohlins.

Brian..one more question.. are the Ohlins the only fully threaded coilover you stock for the NC?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

EvoStevo wrote:

Brian..one more question.. are the Ohlins the only fully threaded coilover you stock for the NC?
Currently that's right. The JIC are almost as adjustable with multiple independent sections but they have been out of stock for a long time while JIC changes their factory.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian wrote:
EvoStevo wrote:

Currently that's right. The JIC are almost as adjustable with multiple independent sections but they have been out of stock for a long time while JIC changes their factory.
Brian, what about the B&G RS2? If you can have full shock travel regarding of the height isn't that a fully threaded coilover.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Currently the B&G does not exist other than the sets we tested for them... Talked with B&G last week and they hope to have production units in the next few months.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian... any feedback from customers on the Ksport yet? I'm assuming the Kontrol Pro Damper are the most ideal for street use.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Nope, still testing the waters on that.

Strong preference is still OHLINS first, then KW and Bilstein choices as the budget permits.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com