clutch for turbo application

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
McQueen

clutch for turbo application

Post by McQueen »

Hi. I'm looking for a clutch for NC turbo. I've seen an item on your site. More over i'm thinking about http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Mazda/MX ... 006/Single
Could you advise pls what kind of clutch is the best choose for NC turbo (300hp).
I need every day road car, not racing one.
Tnx.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: clutch for turbo application

Post by Brian »

Perhaps George will chime in, he is making 300hp and I think he runs an ACT....but can't recall if he is using the ACT EXTREME or not:

For 6 Speed>CLICK
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

anyone know the specs on the SPEC clutch for the NC? Really interested.
George

Post by George »

I am using the standard ACT HD pressure plate with ACT's 6-puck sprung disk. Holds 340 ft lbs of torque. The standard ACT HD disk failed when I upgraded my fuel injectors, because of the better atomization producing more torque in the mid-range. I am very happy with my current setup: it's light, smooth enough, and holds TONS of power.

I have not heard very good things about the SPEC products, so I would recommend staying away from them. The Exedy stuff is good, but won't hold enough torque for the turbo application.

This is the link for the clutch I have: http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0837.html
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

seems liek there are way more choices for the 5spd.... all of the 6 pad/4 pad ones are for 5 spd.....onli 2 or 3 choices for 6spd
McQueen

Post by McQueen »

George wrote:I am using the standard ACT HD pressure plate with ACT's 6-puck sprung disk. Holds 340 ft lbs of torque. The standard ACT HD disk failed when I upgraded my fuel injectors, because of the better atomization producing more torque in the mid-range. I am very happy with my current setup: it's light, smooth enough, and holds TONS of power.

I have not heard very good things about the SPEC products, so I would recommend staying away from them. The Exedy stuff is good, but won't hold enough torque for the turbo application.

This is the link for the clutch I have: http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0837.html

Hi George. 300 hp on stock engine? Or you had made rebuilded one.
George

Post by George »

McQueen wrote:
George wrote:I am using the standard ACT HD pressure plate with ACT's 6-puck sprung disk. Holds 340 ft lbs of torque. The standard ACT HD disk failed when I upgraded my fuel injectors, because of the better atomization producing more torque in the mid-range. I am very happy with my current setup: it's light, smooth enough, and holds TONS of power.

Hi George. 300 hp on stock engine? Or you had made rebuilded one.
It was stock, and that was at 10 psi. I ran 14-15 psi for about 15K miles before I finally blew the motor up near red line in 6th. 28K miles boosted and 98K miles total.
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".