Good-Win mounts

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
OCD

Good-Win mounts

Post by OCD »

I recently purchased these mounts but was disheartened when they would not fit without modification to either the block or the mounts themselves. Some photos:

They look pretty with the powder coating, but not to much after I have notch then to work with the block.

Mounts will be going on a 2003 block, possibly just going to recoat them in another color after I modify them. I'm just glad I had the block out to test fit them to.

Anyone else with these mounts experience this?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Good-Win mounts

Post by Brian »

Not getting any other reports of issue....so I suggest starting with an email back to us of the part number on the box and let's make sure you have the right item.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
OCD

Post by OCD »

The top photo is the entire contents of the box. The mounts did not come packaged in anything, were just loose inside the box. No invoice or paperwork was included in the package, save for what was with the fidanza flywheel and track dog racing header blanket. The mounts do not have any numbers or lettering on the parts themselves. Other than sending you pictures, I'm not sure how to identify them.

Looking at the electronic invoice the information is:
1 61-0849 Complete Upgraded Motor Mounts $235.00 $235.00
- Pair of 70 Durometer

Motor and vehicle is a 2003.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, looks like the right item and just a slip of the jig got the holes drilled just off a little on this one.

Got a quick response from Tony as well:

First I have heard. Can he barrel sand enough material to miss the dip stick boss. We will remove more material in that area on the next run, But the pattern is the same as the factory part more or less.

tony / awr
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
OCD

Post by OCD »

I appreciate the quick responses. It's definitely not a show stopper, only a small amount of the mount itself will have to be trimmed. I was mainly curious if anyone else had experienced the same issue, glad to hear it's isolated. Ever since I saw these were available I wanted to try a set out, but didn't have a reason to splurge on new mounts. Just looking at the workmanship/sturdiness, they are worth every penny compared to the stock mounts.

I powder coat at home, so it gives me an excuse to recoat it in a black chrome. :mrgreen: