CW SC intercooler pump

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
grey_NC

CW SC intercooler pump

Post by grey_NC »

So I've finished the whole install everything is running fine. However, my intercooler pump doesn't seem to be working. I have checked the relay wiring and the fuse seems to be working because when I disconnect and reconnect the yellow wire it will click. I even tried hooking up the red wire directly to the positive terminal on the battery but still no luck....

any idea whats wrong???
Brian
Site Admin

Re: CW SC intercooler pump

Post by Brian »

Very common. In fact, it seems that most installs have issue getting the intercooler pump primed. I like to have it unmounted from the car but still running and connected to the water lines. Then you can turn it at different angles and suddenly it will go WOOSH>>>and the air locked in there will clear.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

Brian,

so are you saying the pump isn't dead or malfunctioning? It is just that there is a huge air bubble in there that is stopping the pump from working? Because right now I put my hand on the pump and it doesn"t even run....it"s just dead quiet and not moving at all. Even when I start the car or turn the car on it is ice cold and no reaction at all
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, usually the issue is stuck air bubble....but indeed it has to be running before you get to that issue.

If air locked you should still feel slight vibration in it that tells you it is running....just not pumping fluid.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com