Where do I start on my NC?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BrianM

Where do I start on my NC?

Post by BrianM »

Hello,

I'm new here and new to fast MX-5s. Been to a couple of track days, and I have a 2008 GX PRHT 5-speed..

My question is where is the best place to start upgrading to create a fast street/track day car? This is my DD. I'll guess replacing my 16 inch wheels with some larger wider rubber. Although I really don't want to roll the fenders, much anyway.

If I were to do the upgrades in $2-3K steps what would be the best order and with what parts so as not to get the wrong shocks for a later sway bar kind of mistake.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Where do I start on my NC?

Post by Brian »

Suspension and wheels/tires will pay off the most for track days. The Ohlins are the best....but our Tokico shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs will likely do just about as well for the beginner. Add a set of our Racing Beat or Eibach sways and that's a fast combo. Down the road a little upgrade to some 17x8 or 17x9 wheels.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BrianM

Re: Where do I start on my NC?

Post by BrianM »

Got a buddy at Bilstein who got me a deal on a set of PSS-10's.

While I'm putting those on should I go ahead and do the Eibach sways at the same time?

What about a cross brace, my GX did not come with one?

Thanks,
BrianM