Eibach Sport Lines on Factory Bilsteins

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
noodles

Eibach Sport Lines on Factory Bilsteins

Post by noodles »

I have been digging around here, mnet, and clubroadster a bit and I am seeing a lot of conflicting information.

Can I reliably run the sportlines on the factory bilsteins that come with the sport suspension package?
I understand that I would be lowering the life of the shock, but how much?

I figured someone on this board would know.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Eibach Sport Lines on Factory Bilsteins

Post by Brian »

The Bilsteins can take it. I doubt you would need much less life from them.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
noodles

Post by noodles »

@Brian
Thanks so much. I had heard some saying that the bilstiens would fail pretty quickly under such high spring rates and I would be riding on the bumpstops and others saying that is not the case. I just bought an 06 with 46k miles and didn't want to add the sportlines and need to purchase shocks a few months from now.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The increase is spring rate is not that much. The Bilsteins won't handle it as good as an adjustable shock....but they will be okay for street use. Note customer satisfaction MUCH higher with the Eibach Pro Kit and Progress Springs. For whatever reason, the Sportline kit has not been near as popular with customers.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Update here. Our new best selling combo is the Progress Springs with our KONI Shocks....and it works well for the PRHT owners too.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

noodles,
My .02 cents. I'm not an expert, just trial & error mostly error.
I had Mazdaspeed PRHT springs & Tokico HTS shocks (nice set-up) on an 06 soft top sport. The car came with OEM Bilsteins.
I took measurements after using this spring & shock combo for two weeks. With MS PRHT springs & HTS shocks I was 3/4" off the rear OEM bump stops. The MS PRHT springs on the rear of a soft top set about a 1/2" taller than the Eibach Pro kit, the Sport lines set even lower. I'm willing to bet you would be riding on the OEM bump stops or damn close. Some owners may not think they are riding on the OEM bump stops because they are progressive (start soft and get stiff).
I couldn't get a good measurements for the front so I can't give any #'s.
I ended up loving the Progress & Koni's. If your wanting a lower ride hight might go with a coil-over setup.

Good luck,
AZ