RoadsterSport "Q" Exhaust video

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
tsukiji

RoadsterSport "Q" Exhaust video

Post by tsukiji »

Just installed my new exhaust from Good-Win Racing and since there are no videos of the RSQ on a stock NC, I thought I would post one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma4-JptV0EM

BTW, Brian shipped it on the day of my order and I received it the next day - I think I am within 2 hours of the shipping location. The exhaust system was so well-packed, it practically took as much time to unpack it as to install the exhaust :lol: The weight of the RSQ is 24 lbs, just as the website says, which is 2 lbs lighter than stock, even though the muffler itself is about half the size as the OEM it replaces (there must be a lot of baffles inside)

My quick impression of the RSQ is that it's definitely a lower pitch burble/rumble than stock at idle and under revs, and it seems quieter than stock at idle; but at least according to other forums, it is supposed to get louder as it gets more miles. Listening to it this morning on my commute, the exhaust sounds deep and low, not like an obnoxious ricer sound, but more like a V6 sound. Any increase in HP or torque is probably minuscule in daily driving, at least according to my butt dyno. Overall, very satisfied about my purchase and looking forward to hearing more.
Last edited by tsukiji on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'08 Brilliant Black PRHT, Mazdaspeed springs, Eibach Pro-kit sway bars, I.L. Motorsport chassis braces, Tochigi-Fuji Super LSD, RSQ, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 225/45ZR17
Brian
Site Admin

Re: RoadsterSport "Q" Exhaust video

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the great post and video!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com