any interest in dual can gwr exhaust?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
garfull

any interest in dual can gwr exhaust?

Post by garfull »

brian,
has there been any interest in a dual canned exhaust for the nc based on your gwr street single design? seems like it'll be lighter than both stock and rs q exhausts. but gives the balanced look in the rear. any possibility to have one made?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: any interest in dual can gwr exhaust?

Post by Brian »

Has not been much demand...but I have thought about it. More demand for "Super Q" that is even more quiet but with equal flow...and we are working on that.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mjmi11er

Post by mjmi11er »

Brain, what are your thoughts on a super q? I'm getting ready to buy a rear can, finally, and wondering what this design would look like. Mainly wondering if I should wait or go ahead and buy.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The SuperQ idea has come out of requests from customers running SUPERCHARGER and RoadsterSport HEADER and ROADSTERSPORT MIDPIPE and needing something extra to deal with the massive increase in gas volume for this particular combo (Header adds lots of sound and Supercharger about doubles it). For those not running at least the full header and exhaust I don't expect the SuperQ will be of interest.....but perhaps I am incorrect on that?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mjmi11er

Post by mjmi11er »

well, these cares are never finished are they?
rr1santos

Post by rr1santos »

I would be interested in dual can exhaust to replace my rs q...

I had considered buying two greedy ti-c exhausts and custom weld them to make dual can....but it would cost more to do that than the rs q lol...
mjmi11er

Post by mjmi11er »

i three, i like the rsII most, but have looked at enthuza duals and the il exhaust too with dual cans.
garfull

Post by garfull »

i have yet to find a good picture of the enthuza dual can setup and i think that would still weigh more than what is being proposed here. the il and autoxe dual cans are $1k in cost, way too much and not worth it.

brian, what amount of interest would be required in order rekindle your thoughts into this option? we can post a poll on mnet to see if we can drum up some additional interest. i would think all the tooling is already done with the exception of the y pipe.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

garfull wrote:i have yet to find a good picture of the enthuza dual can setup and i think that would still weigh more than what is being proposed here. the il and autoxe dual cans are $1k in cost, way too much and not worth it.

brian, what amount of interest would be required in order rekindle your thoughts into this option? we can post a poll on mnet to see if we can drum up some additional interest. i would think all the tooling is already done with the exception of the y pipe.
Unfortunately, not as simple as just doing Y pipe. To get dual cans to hang right we need to start fresh with the two cans under the car and build the whole thing from scratch.

The economies of scale are such that we can't make an affordable muffler in the quality that we provide, fully polished, all stainless, made in the USA with lifetime warranty that includes full warranty service here in USA, unless we make minimum 100 units. And after that first batch we still do 100 per batch or the part number gets killed off. Racing Beat and Enthuza make much smaller batches but they are incorporating pre-made and 'off the shelf' mufflers into their systems rather than full custom like we do....and they offer just ONE YEAR warranty rather than our LIFETIME warranty.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
garfull

Post by garfull »

wow 100 pcs :shock: min, that's a huge capital investment. i understand now, thanks for the insight. the full custom and lifetime warranty was one of the main reasons i was asking if you can make it.

i guess ill be in for the street single real soon after i finish the suspension mods :lol:
Brian wrote:
garfull wrote:i have yet to find a good picture of the enthuza dual can setup and i think that would still weigh more than what is being proposed here. the il and autoxe dual cans are $1k in cost, way too much and not worth it.

Unfortunately, not as simple as just doing Y pipe. To get dual cans to hang right we need to start fresh with the two cans under the car and build the whole thing from scratch.

The economies of scale are such that we can't make an affordable muffler in the quality that we provide, fully polished, all stainless, made in the USA with lifetime warranty that includes full warranty service here in USA, unless we make minimum 100 units. And after that first batch we still do 100 per batch or the part number gets killed off. Racing Beat and Enthuza make much smaller batches but they are incorporating pre-made and 'off the shelf' mufflers into their systems rather than full custom like we do....and they offer just ONE YEAR warranty rather than our LIFETIME warranty.