Should i fix engine with this problem:

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
senda

Should i fix engine with this problem:

Post by senda »

See pictures here:

http://www.roadster.co.il/forums/viewto ... 9&start=10

One of my Engine bearings were out of place what make the 2 Engine bearings to be one on the secound. i heard knoning and disscover this.

Till today i change my engine, but i was thinking maybe to fix this one too. is it worte it?
Last edited by senda on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Should i fix engine with this problem:

Post by Brian »

I don't see the pictures at that link.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
senda

Post by senda »

Here...
Attachments
קראנק.jpg
קראנק.jpg (48.83 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
סליבחדשמולישן.jpg
סליבחדשמולישן.jpg (25.69 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
Good vas bad
Good vas bad
ראשטלטל+סליבחדשמולישן.jpg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

Yea, looks like you spun a rod bearing. Do you have access to machine shops capable of grinding the crank bearing to make it smaller and perfectly smooth? You can purchase oversize repair bearings from Mazda to fix this as it happens often to cars with low or no oil pressure. Worth it? Well, that depends on how much another used engine costs and what problems it may have. If it were me, I would try to get this one repaired but also try to find out why the oil pressure dropped so much that this happened in the first place. Be sure to fix that too or you will just spin another bearing right away. If you reassemble the engine yourself, be sure to use an anti-seize assembly compound to keep things lubricated until the oil pressure comes up the first time you start it.

Hope this helps.
senda

Post by senda »

I will try to get a qoute for the this, but i think it will be to expencive. as I buy a engine - this one was for sell or as spear.

I think that i did not check the oil level as I needed to.

Also somone worn me that in drift there is problem woth oiling in the Miata. but i do not think this is why it happend.

Is there somthing to check in my car ot in my new engine?

Thanks for the help

Niv